Weird Squeak | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Weird Squeak

digitalsteve

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer LTD
It happens right after I go into reverse and the back in drive. Maybe 3 seconds after starting to move forward I hear a metal squeak type sound under the car it seems. Anyone hear this and have a similar experience? Only happens in this situation, doesn't happen at any other time. I want to explain this to the dealership to look at it but I'm not sure if this is a good explanation.

This is for a 2015 explorer limited 15k miles. Thx!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It happens right after I go into reverse and the back in drive. Maybe 3 seconds after starting to move forward I hear a metal squeak type sound under the car it seems. Anyone hear this and have a similar experience? Only happens in this situation, doesn't happen at any other time. I want to explain this to the dealership to look at it but I'm not sure if this is a good explanation...

Hi, digitalsteve!

Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you can replicate this pretty reliably; I'd recommend taking your tech on a test drive so you can demonstrate the squeak. Are you heading in to the dealership soon? Let me know and I'll be happy to escalate this to your regional customer service manager. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Is it from when you turn and does it only happen when you start driving?

Is it from when you turn and does it only happen when you start driving?

Same noise every time I reverse out of a parking spot, cut the wheel one way or the other. Put it into drive and about 3 seconds after moving forward I hear the dull metal squeak. This is the only time I hear it....

Hi, digitalsteve!

Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you can replicate this pretty reliably; I'd recommend taking your tech on a test drive so you can demonstrate the squeak. Are you heading in to the dealership soon? Let me know and I'll be happy to escalate this to your regional customer service manager. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Thank you so much. I am going to a dealer this week. I will let you know if I have any problems.

Thank you so much. I am going to a dealer this week. I will let you know if I have any problems.

Sounds good, digitalsteve. I'll keep checking in on this thread to see when you have any news. :thumbsup:

Crystal

This sounds vaguely familiar although the noise isn't. It seems someone brought up something similar about this a long time ago but I forgot exactly what it was attributed to. Possibly the ABS system or the AWD system waking up?
Check out this thread for some further info; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356713

Peter

Most likely ABS check

So ask them to check the ABS?

ABS system can make a noise right when starting off aka system check. felt in Pedals ect. Happens on mine. COULD be your noise

But i havent seen ford or people here call it a squeek

Well I went to the dealer today after making an appointment online. I walk in and they said that I needed to call first, making an appointment online isnt really the same as getting one?

Huh? I came from a BMW and you would make an online appointment and that was your appointment.

Anyways... Im going to let this noise go and see if it continues or gets worse.

Side note: I have the bumper to bumper and bought an extended warranty. On the contract there was a box X'ed that says first day rental delete. What does that mean? Why does it say delete? Also, if I have it, does that mean I can get a rental if they work on my car? Does Ford call loaners... "rentals"? Very confusing!

Thanks!

Well I went to the dealer today after making an appointment online. I walk in and they said that I needed to call first, making an appointment online isnt really the same as getting one?

Huh? I came from a BMW and you would make an online appointment and that was your appointment.

Anyways... Im going to let this noise go and see if it continues or gets worse.

Side note: I have the bumper to bumper and bought an extended warranty. On the contract there was a box X'ed that says first day rental delete. What does that mean? Why does it say delete? Also, if I have it, does that mean I can get a rental if they work on my car? Does Ford call loaners... "rentals"? Very confusing!

Thanks!
I would take that to mean that you don't have the first day rental. I've used the 'online' appointment feature and the dealer calls back to confirm.

Peter

Back