Whale Noise from My Mountaineer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Whale Noise from My Mountaineer

eslewis

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Mountaineer
Good Morning Everyone,

I am hoping that someone may be able to help. I have recently purchased a 2007 Mercury Mountaineer (Premier). It drives nicely and is comfortable, but occasionally it makes what can only be described as a whale sound. The only other possible corrilary soud is it sounds like one of those whistles with the stick in them that varies the pitch.

The worst part is that it doesn't seem to happen with any kind of regularity. It doesn't have a pattern like it only happens when the AC is on. You can just be going down the road and the car will make a "whoop" sound. Some have suggested that it may be a vacuum line, but I don't know how to even troubleshoot that.

I have taken it to the dealer and they could not duplicate the problem.

If anyone has any advice I would be most grateful.

Eric Lewis

I have the same issue, but mine is under acceleration it makes almost a turbo whining sound. I have looked on this forum and haven't seen a 100% answer. My vacuum lines are all connected, engine idles fine. I hope someone gets lucky and finds the fix.

Yeah I have the WHOOOOOP! Noise too. And it happens so seldom no way I could ever get a dealer to hear it. Drives me crazy - would love to know what it is. Sounds like it is coming from the B Pillar or towards the rear seats.

Back