What are two unused connectors in dash gauge area? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What are two unused connectors in dash gauge area?

thammel

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLS
In the process of taking off my dash panel (2002 XLS) I found two unused connectors (left and right side of steering column) that were plugged into dummy holders on the fascia panel. Do any of you know what these could be for? My XLS is pretty much a base version with no options. I'm wondering what I could activate or add with these two connectors in place. The left one has 5 wires to it - pink, red/black, black, black and blue/black. The right one has 7 wires and 4 are heavy gauge; black (heavy), blue/red (heavy), red/black, pink/black (heavy), red, black (heavy) and black.

Thanks for any knowledge,
Tom

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

left side is most likely the reverse sensor switch location and the right side is for the power adj pedals

Mine has the parking sensor button on the left side. I do not have the adjustable pedals.

Thanks guys. What's the reverse sensor switch do? Toggle it on/off? Sounds like two things (reverse sensor and adjustable pedals) that I'll never take advantage of.

Tom

yes, the button just turns off rear sensor

Back