• Register Today It's free!

What color carpet?

macker123

Reaction score
City, State
victoria, bc
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer Sport 4.0 OHV
Okay, I am totally re-doing my interior so I need your opinions.

Stock my exterior is black and my interior is gray. I am in the midst of painting all of my vinyl parts black. My seats will stay gray.

I am going to be replacing the carpet and headliner and have been thinking of getting black for both of these. What do you think? I already have purchased really good gray plastic floor mats so those will still be used.

My three choices for floor carpet and headliner are black, charcoal and gray.

What do you think? Do you think I would be overdoing the black as all of my vinyl will be black.

Forgot to add, has anybody purchased the carpets here. It is only $42 for the front carpet.
http://truckperformance.com/product...ement+Flooring&sf1=FORD&sf2=1997&sf3=EXPLORER

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also have grey interior with grey mats, but I'm thinking about switching the carpet to black rubber or vinyl floor mat instead of carpet in the future. I think that mats will be more practical for off roading, camping etc.

There are a couple of places that make them:

http://www.autostyles.com/carpettype.htm

Dead Link Removed

anybody else I see 37 people have viewed, but only one has replied :)

I say black, In the past Ive found it easier to clean than the lighter colors...

one of my friends redid the interior of his tacoma he replaced the carpet with aluminum iamond steel stuff. It was pretty badass.

I started redoing my interior black. Doing most of the panels black. Getting a good deal on some black and red neoprene seat covers (red exterior ). I ripped out all the cargo area carpet . Gonna herc the cargo area black. I think i am gonna leave the headliner gray (for now at least). I recovered my center console cover black, but i think i will leave the bottom gray. also maybe some of my dash board might be left gray (gonna have to figure out how tom. ) Also gonna order a new black carpet kit for the front. I also have some good gray floor mats i will be using

I am hopefully gonna gett a good ways tom. i might post a pic when i am done.

Back