What did YOU do to your Explorer today? | Page 42 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

Replaced my back windshield do to a trailer tongue not properly latched or even sized. While getting the glass at a junkyard seen like ten 1st gen explorers. One Explorer had a propane type set up. Also one had a bench seat. I took some pictures for you guys.

View attachment 429200 View attachment 429201 View attachment 429202 View attachment 429203 View attachment 429204

That propane setup is cool. It looks like a clean installation. Did you ask how much they wanted for it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No I didn't ask I think it looks pretty decent. I looked like there might have been like some computer stuff where someone might put a brake controller that might have went to the propane setup some how. I wonder what all has to be done to convert a gas over to propane. I also wonder if he could run off of either fuel source when desired? They probably wouldn't know what to charge me for something like that which is usually a good way to save some.
That propane setup is cool. It looks like a clean installation. Did you ask how much they wanted for it?

I wasn't expecting this thread to be so far down in the board by now. I should've been posting more often, I was keeping plenty busy on this thing the past few months. It's got nickel-copper brake lines now.
However, I have something else to show today:
NyiR8o8.jpg

I'm in the process of repainting all the flat black trim, wiper arms and mirrors. Sanded off the chipped coating, sprayed with automotive primer, followed by flat black and Spraymax 2K matte clearcoat.

All because I scored a brand new rear bumper after Labor Day and wanted to repaint the bottom step. At least it gives me something to do until I can find myself another mounting bracket for the bumper, the one on the left side rusted away so I can't even put it on yet.

Oh yeah, I didn't take a picture of it but I also replaced the liftgate weatherstrip that's been getting snagged and pulled off the bottom lip for the past 4 years I've owned the truck. For some reason Fairchild doesn't offer it for the Explorer, but the one for a 1995 Windstar is the exact same style and will fit it with about 8 inches to spare.
Part number is F3054 for anyone who's looking to replace theirs.

Sorry to dig this thread out of the mud haha, but I love it and I never have cool enough stuff to share that is worth making a thread about

Due to no snow in NJ for 3 years, mine has been sitting. 2 weeks ago I put in a new battery and it started right up!

I replaced the fuel pressure regulator which was much needed and caused such a great difference in starting and running!

Also replaced the 4x4 motor on the transfer case. But I never ended up needing 4x4 for the snow we had last weekend haha

All the snow is already melted

I also replaced the plow winch again. I had a wireless harbor freight atv winch on it but couldn't get the controller to work, but couldn't figure out how to wire in a new one.

I also need to add some lighting for plowing at night.

Next this year going to finally do one of the 4 broken window regulator/motors haha.

I replaced the fuel pressure regulator which was much needed and caused such a great difference in starting and running!
I wonder if that would help both my Explorers. The one won't want to start sometimes and if I prime it with starting fluid it starts right up and then runs fine. The other one starts a little easier. Ones got an ebay fuel pump the other one is probably original. Where did you buy your regulator. Is is easy to change?

I wonder if that would help both my Explorers. The one won't want to start sometimes and if I prime it with starting fluid it starts right up and then runs fine. The other one starts a little easier. Ones got an ebay fuel pump the other one is probably original. Where did you buy your regulator. Is is easy to change?
Very easy, I used an Amazon regulator. Check the vacuum line coming out of it and see if it's full of gasoline, that will confirm it's bad.
I think 2x 10mm little bolts and a 17mm or maybe 19mm wrench for the fuel line.

Have a little magnet and some dumdum or paper towel handy to hold the bolts for going back in, below if they're dropped can be a "never see it again" situation haha

Back