• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

What did you do to your Explorer this weekend?

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
I stared at it for about 2 hrs, and then sang Miss Lauper's "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" in front of the vehicle until dinner time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

sean99

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Sunnyvale, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Limited 5.0
Started Torque Monster Header install with a flashlight and partially covered driveway in the rain...Waiting for Remflex gaskets and heat socks.

kert0307

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Pella, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Sport and '89 B2
Went exploring with it to find some driftwood to put into my aquariums. Other than that it sat most of the weekend.

rjcooperss396

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
I stared at it for about 2 hrs, and then sang Miss Lauper's "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" in front of the vehicle until dinner time.

Nice. That was my oldest daugthers theme song when she was a baby.

explorer ak

Reaction score
City, State
BRIMFIELD MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 explorer
went up to break neck for a night run saterday smashed the muffler off lol. sunday took the carpet out and center console getting ready for some type of liner and a custom console any ideas?

Turdle

Lowrider
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
I saw a dog sniff my tire and kick his leg up so I chased him off.

bcboy4ca

Reaction score
City, State
Chilliwack, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
I just got myself a 2000 XLT 4x4. Going to be swapping over the mods. May see if the sport still runs, if so I'll throw her up, and see if anyone wants a "lightly used" Sport. :D

I can't post in your registry. The 2000 looks nice & clean, wish mine had the tow package. Can you take a picture of the gas door once you have it installed:)

bcboy4ca

Reaction score
City, State
Chilliwack, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
Why can't you post? Aren't you Elite? Will do, I may even attempt a tutorial.:cool:

I am now elite, figured that was the problem:D, now I am going to be subsribing to your registry.

Reaction score
City, State
Clarksville, TN for now...or forever
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 EB
I gave her a bath.

tabezic

Reaction score
City, State
Shelby twp. Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 mountaineer v8
Not unless you were out and driving around in Colorado. I flew in. Had a Malibu rental P.O.S.

haha, o. ya that makes sence. i didnt think about that.

Dan Whitaker

One fast putty tat
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Raytown MO (Kansas City suburb)
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Mounty no more.
Replaced it. Will be putting it up for sale once I get my stereo out and my fog & driving lights off.

4rd4life

Reaction score
City, State
nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt 4wd
pulled the trans out of my 99 i picked up 2 weeks ago, off for a rebuild got some axle seals leaking ill have to change as [email protected] keeper0311 nice find!

Lacky01

Reaction score
City, State
Eugene, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport
my days off are monday and tuesday, so this weekend I'm installing a Sub in place of the cargo cubby in the back. I'm building the box myself so I have no idea if its gonna sound good. It'll be nice to have the cargo room back. I'm ditching the 2-12" ported box in lieu of a single 10" with the same 600W peak 200W RMS amp.

syn-

Reaction score
City, State
orlando, fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt - wip
Installed 3 o2's, an finished my black magic 180 install. I think ford should have made the truck like this factory.

2TimingTom

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Littleton, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Not this weekend but last night:

"Fixed" my broken driver seat recline handle by tying a rope around it. I found that you need to pull toward the steering wheel and not directly UP like you'd think. When I'm not using the rope, it stashes nicely underneath and no one would know it's there.

If I get wild and crazy, I might take the mechanism off with the broken handle piece down to a welder and have them weld it back together with some extra bracing.

Or, maybe I'll just keep using the rope. How often do you really adjust the seat back anyway?

bcboy4ca

Reaction score
City, State
Chilliwack, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

GRNMACHINE

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport 4x4

Odd as Heck, I did the same exact thing!!

Also painted the front bumper. After that I sang Miss Toni Basil's "Oh Mickey"