What do you guys think of this exhaust ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What do you guys think of this exhaust ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That muffler is too small, it´s going to sound loud.

That muffler is too small, it´s going to sound loud.

I've been looking for an exhaust for my '06 4.0L Mountaineer that is a shared "family" vehicle and 50/50 split of both the wife and I driving. I don't want obnoxious (been down that road) and piss off the wife but want "just a bit more" sound.

I was looking at these systems posted on eBay and obviously the 40, 44 and the 14" Manga are out of the questions. Any recommendations other than "too small, loud" between the 50 and the Magna 22" mufflers?

I've been looking for an exhaust for my '06 4.0L Mountaineer that is a shared "family" vehicle and 50/50 split of both the wife and I driving. I don't want obnoxious (been down that road) and piss off the wife but want "just a bit more" sound.

I was looking at these systems posted on eBay and obviously the 40, 44 and the 14" Manga are out of the questions. Any recommendations other than "too small, loud" between the 50 and the Magna 22" mufflers?

Check the Flowmaster 50 series delta flow mufflers.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?page_id=11190

Your 4.0L will sound just like the rice burner it always wanted to be.

Ha, No worse than the 4.0 HO I6 in my old Cherokee. There wasn't a thing you could do to that straight-6 engine to make it sound decent with an exhaust. I know a V6 will never sound good, but is there any decent cat-backs that will work without sounding like a sputtering Subaru?

Ha, No worse than the 4.0 HO I6 in my old Cherokee. There wasn't a thing you could do to that straight-6 engine to make it sound decent with an exhaust. I know a V6 will never sound good, but is there any decent cat-backs that will work without sounding like a sputtering Subaru?

well unless its the 4.3 vortec... those can soundlike mild v8's... I did a straight pipe after cats on my 98 4.0ohv and its was not loud at all as long as it was not dumping straight under the truck.... cant see even the 40 series making it louder than that..... might add some annoying drone my 99 5.4l had a 3" single with a 40 series and it didnt drone that bad....nothing my sound system could not cover up

If you want a louder exhaust, go with the one with a Flowmaster muffler.

I was looking at this exhaust as well and don't want to spend a lot of money on a gibson or magnaflow. Just curious to know if the 4.0 v6 and the 4.6 explorers shared the same exhaust? I wasn't sure if the y pipe was different or what not. Just want my explorer to sound better and maybe gain a horsepower or 2 lol. Thanks

Back