• Register Today It's free!

What do you recommend?

Whowants2no

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, Tx.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Explorer XL
I have gotten my sony xplod cd deck installed, its 52 wattsx4, and i have a power acoustik 620 watt fire and ice amp, 2 crunch 10's in a band pass box, and factory door speakers. I would like to know what type of speakers anyone would recommend. I have a 2 channel, 140 watt amp that i can hook up, but i think the deck will push door speakers just fine. I was thinking of doing some cutting to put in some 8's, but i figure that would be alot of work. Let me know if you have any opinions. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, since you have subs to handle the bass. check out pioneer 6X8's. they are excellent for midrange and highs. the headunit will push them fine. but if you want them louder you can use the amp. and with the high pass crossover set around 80-100Hz, you can turn it up real lound with no bass distortion.

there's plenty of other good 6X8s out there, but i think the pioneers are excellent for a system with a subwoofer. and the price is very inexpensive.

How much do you want to spend. I like the new Infinity Kappas or MB Quart

yeah, Brian is right. the new Kappas (silver, not green) are great. if you feel like spending the money for them, go for it. but you should definately run them off the amp and not the headunit.

I'm not really sure if i want to spent that much or not, but i have looked at them. Has anybody cut the holes for the speaker bigger to put in some 8's?

Back