• Register Today It's free!

What happened?

Kinserin

Reaction score
City, State
Coaldale, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91
Sorry if I dont describe it as some would like... But Im just really confused as to what just happened.

Anyways, so I finally bought my Rockford Stage 3 10" Punch DVC sub, and I've been using it for roughly 3 months... And it just stopped working a few days ago on the way home from work. I've blown my subs before, and the sound just gets all shotty and such, but this thing just stopped working. No sound, nothing. I thought maybe I blew a fuse again somehow, but the fuse is fine, and my other sub I had at home works fine... Figured maybe the wiring in the box rattled off somehow? Nope.. Checked that, then hooked the sub up directly and still nothing.

I bought the P3 solely for the durability and quality over the P1 and P2s I've had (I blew 6 P1s and my first P2 fell apart, currently using my second P2 still again) because I thought I just had to much rms for them at the time, then this happens. The sub doesnt smell burnt or anything, doesnt make any weird sounds when I push on the cone, all in all it looks completely new, as if I've never even used it. I believe my warrenty covers this sort of thing (not a blown sub though, like my old warrenties did) but Im just looking for suggestions before I ship'er over to Rockford for repair.

The amp Im using atm is a this Infinity (I bought it for my doors, but I havent gotten around to wiring up my other amp for my sub(s) yet... heh). http://www.crutchfield.com/S-tliyHSqnds8/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&I=108R7541A

Any advice would be appreciated.

Back