What i dumped the X for...

BuffaloXplorer

The X had to go!
Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Impala SS
Here's what i left my Explorer for. The front end leaves a bit to be desired, but i love everything else - even the 303hp and the front wheel drive! :eek:

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0361Medium.jpg

IMG_0367Medium.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There should a law against putting that much HP to the front wheels! Can you light up the inside one going around turns? :D :D

Thats a good looking car.

I can light them both from a dead stop, and recently left almost 20' streaks on dry pavement with the TCS system turned off while racing a supercharged Regal! Torque-steer is not as bad as you would think on it, and there's not much on the road that i haven't been able to torch.

;) Living in an area one could call "RicerLand," i have fun with them day in and day out. ;)

Gas Mileage is :thumbdwn: but it's mostly how i've been driving it.

Too bad its wrong wheel drive. :p

As much as i agree with you on that, having never owned a RWD vehicle, i don't really care. I would much rather have my FWD pull me through the snow here than having the RWD push me all over the place...

303hp to the front wheels is still gonna suck in the snow, as someone who had a 300hp Cadillac STS, trust me LOL My RWD Lexuses aren't any worse than my STS was in the snow.

Best cars (non SUV) I've ever had in the snow were my two Lincoln Continentals, a 90 and a 93. 145hp, FWD, no traction control or anything like that. FWD coupled with not a lot of power made for a pretty drivable snow car.

Sharp! I like the looks of the new Impala, much improved.

looks pretty sweet but how do you hook up with 300 hp to the front wheels? :confused:

I like black - looks good. Keep it clean

-Drew

is that the car, that while driving around if only runs on 4 cyl, but when full throttle runs on all 8

Nice car. And I'm glad to see they finally put the V8 back in the Impala.

RWD with traction control handles the snow pretty well. My dads 350hp '04 GTO handles snow better than most fwd's.

Nice lookin' buggy....Wanna race the Mach :D ???

One comment...the 303 hp is at the crank, not the wheels. When automakers rate hp, it's crank hp not wheel hp. You can assume about 15-20% loss through the drivetrain (vehicle dependent). Real nice thing about that motor is the DOD system that lets it get decent mileage on the road.

For a front driver, that thing oughta move pretty good. Have fun with it in the snow :eek: though.

Yeah, i know about the crank/whp difference. She moves real well. The mileage sucks as bad as the X, due to the fact that i spend all my time in the city, driving to the next stopsign/light. If i ever get a chance to take a road trip, that's when we'll see if DOD is worth it.

As far as the snow goes, we got quite a bit over the holiday weekend and she handled very well...just gotta be easy on the pedal, and invest in a pair of snow tires. These GY Eagle RSA's are ok so far, but as expensive as they are, i really need to give'em a break once in a while.

Nice car. Get a coat of wax on it ASAP before that salt gets a chance to stick up there. Can't say I'd buy one...Oval products only in my garage.

I feel your pain with ricer-ville, columbus is the same way. There is a bunch of upper middle class rich kids running around with civics, preludes and celicas that their mommy gave them for their sweet 16. They put a $15 ebay intake, a tornado, an old folgers can for a muffler and a set of wheels that cost more than their car's blue book, then pull up next to my Mustang thinking their John Force.

As for front, rear, 4 or all wheel drive, 2 things effect snow handling the most. Driving style and the weight of your vehicle. The heavier your foot and the sharper your turns, the crappier any vehicle will handle. The heavier your vehicle, the faster you can stop and the more traction you will get. Just basic physics.

Hartman said:
Too bad its wrong wheel drive. :p
I agree!

Nice, it's a Chevy but any new car is nice. I couldn't sleep knowing that I not only own but drive a Chevy :eek:

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust...if it werent for chevys, our tools would rust!

Put up some interior shots. At first glance I thought the front plate was japanese.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HappyGilmore said:
ditched the ford and bought a chevy? thats just not right.

And the competing car from Ford would be??? ;)

Back