• Register Today It's free!

What i plan to do

OC_Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Mission Viejo, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
After intense research and thinking this is what i plan to do to my 92' 4x4 4door EB explorer:

KKM
magnaflow catback
2'' Skyjacker lift (comes with new coils and add-a-leaf)
Explorer Pro-Comp es 3000 shocks
Black Rock crawler rims
31'' Buckshot tires

What do you think?

I have to go kind of cheap (Chuck-E-Cheese doesnt pay that well)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think its an excellent plan. Why did you choose those shocks, just curious b/c im looking to replace mine soon.

they were pretty cheap and my dad put them on his jeep cherokee and they worked nice. no real reason though.

sounds liek a great plan.... make sure an alignment is also performed... the lift will give a ttb ford a positive camber

The back might still sag so you might be interested in some Warrior shackles (60$)

I'd go with more lift. I only say this because 90% of the people I know that have lifts started small and ended up much bigger, and this wastes time/money. Take me for instance:

1) 1" PP lift (total waste of money)
2) Added coil spacers and add-a-leafs for 2.5" lift (add-a-leafs are GREAT for ruptured spleens)
3) 4" Superlift and SOA
4) 5.5" Superlift
5) Added coil spacers for 6.5" lift (after coils began to sag)

And now I'm going SAS. Talk about throwing money in the gutter. :rolleyes:

Just a thought...

i wanted to go 4'' skyjacker but i thought since i have 4x4 the tires would bow inward?

I'm not sure what you mean by bow inward? A 4" kit would come with all the drop brackets so your alignment would be easily adjusted. Also...2" is great, the reason why most people get a little lift and then go bigger is simply because lifting is like an addiction...if you were to go with 4" lift right off the bad...I gaurentee you that you'd be looking at it and saying "hmm I think another 2" would really help". I have about 2" lift on mine and love it...but in the next couple of years once the explorer is not worth a cent to anyone but me I will be doing an SAS, but then again it will probably be a trail only vehicle then. Anyway good luck :)

Later
CP :D

ya i think i am gonna go with the 4". I found a picture of the lift and everthing that comes with it and it looks really nice compared to the 2". It will just take me alot longer to save up.

sounds like a great plan, good luck. by the way about the rear end sagging, i got new leafs completely when i had it lifted, i recommend that, because my leafs were worn out big time.

Originally posted by CodePoet
...once the explorer is not worth a cent to anyone but me I will be doing an SAS...

Too funny. That's about what it boils down to. Another way to look at it:

Once I dump so much money into it I couldn't possibly sell it without losing my shirt... I'll... dump even MORE money into it on a SAS. :rolleyes:

Back