What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your Explorer that you love | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your Explorer that you love

mr_z06

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited FWD
I did this for my Caddy and found a lot of hidden gems and i didn't see anything like this here so i thought i would ask.

I like the heated steering wheel

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

auto parallel park....although only ever used it once but it is a neat feature

After almost 3 years of having our Ex, I accidentally discovered our sun visors extend when they are against the side windows.

After almost 3 years of having our Ex, I accidentally discovered our sun visors extend when they are against the side windows.

After taking delivery of my 3rd 5Th Gen Explorer I had no clue they did that.

I definitely laughed at myself. It was against the window and when I pulled it to put it back in its stowed position, I felt it slide a little and there you have it. Next time I was in with my wife, I showed her and she has no clue either. Only 57,000 miles of not knowing.

Similar.... I drove my Sport for a year before I realized I could fold the mirrors in with a button. It happened on accident when I was in a drive through and scared the crap out of me, I thought I hit the mirror against the wall (even though I was sufficient distance from it)

Don't feel too bad.

I learned that my 12' Focus has a telescoping steering wheel after only 23,000 miles!

I learned after a year of ownership that the pedals raise and lower by the push of a button

[MENTION=185512]CDN_Explorer[/MENTION] where is that button?

i did not know this as well. Sure i would have discovered this eventually once we get out of winters dark grip and had a need for the feature lol.

[MENTION=185512]CDN_Explorer[/MENTION] where is that button?
See page 95 of your 2014 Owner's Guide.
The control is located on the left side of the steering column.

Peter

Similar.... I drove my Sport for a year before I realized I could fold the mirrors in with a button. It happened on accident when I was in a drive through and scared the crap out of me, I thought I hit the mirror against the wall (even though I was sufficient distance from it)

thanks to 13Sport and this thread, I will have only driven my car for 6 months before realizing this. And I'm the type of guy that actually reads Owner's manuals.

thanks to 13Sport and this thread, I will have only driven my car for 6 months before realizing this. And I'm the type of guy that actually reads Owner's manuals.

Haha, me too.. cover to cover... not sure how it escaped me for so long either.

Power fold and heated mirrors would also have been listed on your Window Sticker.

Peter

Back