What is that noise, when turning to the right? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What is that noise, when turning to the right?

mv9092

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 ford explorer
Hello,

I uploaded a video of the noise on youtube.

I thought it was the position 2 body mount - thats why I used this angle.
I have replaced just about every part on the suspension and it was all great! Then after a bit over a year this noise started. It only happens when turning to the right - nothing else will cause this noise.

What do you guys think it may be?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe a wheel bearing...sound is hard to tell. But wheel bearings will make noise on the weight loaded side of a car when turning.

I second the wheel bearing. Mine was going out on the passenger side. It made a howling sound and make the most prominent noise when turning.

One way to test is to jack up the truck, try moving the wheel while it's still mounted to the hub. It may wiggle a bit (have a little play. it should be solid), which would indicate bad bearing, exactly what mine did.

UPDATE - it's not the wheel bearing as that part was recently replaced a few months ago. I was right with my hutch on the body mount #2. I sprayed it with a silicone spray and the noise went away. I'm gonna replace that part in a few days

Good deal! Those kind of noises drive me nuts....

Back