What is your MPG? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What is your MPG?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bad FPS eh? well, I suspect FPS, TPS, or MAF for mine, either that or my air filter :p I'm gonna clean the filter within the next few days and if nothing improves.. its goin to get a sensor diagnostic. acts like its running rich.

13-15 city, 19-21 hwy. on average i get 250 miles per tank. stock, k&n filter, 30x9.5 tires, 3.73 gears. on recent trip from phx to la got 20+ both ways. best was about 24 coming back from san diego to phx which is mostly downhill.

I get 12.5 city & hwy. Have new plug/wires, O2 sensors, air filter, cleaned TB & MAF, new EGR too. I want more!

Originally posted by rikguy
I get 12.5 city & hwy. Have new plug/wires, O2 sensors, air filter, cleaned TB & MAF, new EGR too. I want more!

More is easy... first how do you drie?

25 miles daily on highway round trip to work. about 70mph. Then about 10 miles a day around town. Usually not racing from light to light.

Thanks to everyone again. I lost track of this post when my cable internet got cut off for a week(I guess you have to pay every few months). Now back on, I see there have been a bunch of replies. This post should some up all future MPG questions. Thanks Again, Robb

Just drove from Charlotte, Nc to PA. Filled the tank up in Charlotte and was 20 miles or so past Richmond before I need to fill up again It was 315 miles with the explorer weighted down with clothes and furniture.
Henry

Back