• Register Today It's free!

What kind of Escape did I see?

Triton46

Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Explorer Sport
I was cruising the local Ford dealership and noticed a black with black leather Escape. All I could tell was that it was a 4X2 XLT. Now, the weird part was that all the grey plastic trim had been painted to match the car. It really made the Escape look like a different vehicle.

We went to the back of the lot to check out some others but none of the others had their plastic trim painted. Anyone know what kind of Escape that was?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know I have seen a "No Boundries" model Escape......

I saw one also, I looked at the website and they show a black on that is similar to what you are describing, they called it a midnight package.

I don't see the Midnight Package. Do you have a link?

Yep, I was just reading about the Midnight Escape in my truckin' mag. It looks nice. I wish they would have made an all black O1+ Sport X! Oh well, I guess I will have to make one!

Which magazine? Is this a one time deal or are they going to continue making it?

Yup, thats it. :)

Shame that it is just a one off. Hopefully they will make it standard next year.

ESP02_gallery_exterior_6.jpg

Black Magic, I will be right there with you trying to make our sports all black. :) (my system is getting installed right now!!!!) :D

That package makes the Escape look really nice.:eek: It doesn't look as "foreign" like that....

Back