what kind of offroad lights should i put on my bumper? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what kind of offroad lights should i put on my bumper?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

definatley go with all the same thing if your gonna do 3. it would look kinda dumb like this: (F)(D)(F) because (at least with hella's) that the fogs look different than the driving. but i have amber fogs :p aint nobody got those! oh and definatley ditch the moulding.

why not go even w/ 2 lights up front? cheaper that way as well.

also 3 is VERY unique! how many people do you know that has 3 lights on there front bumper? but its your car and PIAA's are mad expensive, but the Hella's are the same way. i can show you a pic of mine tommorow afternoon, it will kinda be hard to tell because there 2 different colors.

unique is good!

i have seen one exploerer with the three lights, looked good, but didnt look as good as yours will... just my advice

I'd probably get 3 fogs. The one driving light by itself wont do much; though you could get one of those Hellas that has an "inbetween" pattern, and a wide cone of driving light, but it doesn't go as far. I think you can get Hella 500s that the different patterns the lights still look the same.

As far as wiring goes, as long as it's 3 55W units you can probably just modify a 2 light wiring kit to run 3 (splice in an extra power and neg lead).

Oh, and I do like the idea of angling the side lights out a bit.

Hmmm, I just got an idea! I saw in an offroad mag in the last few months these new type of lights. The housings are diamond shaped and they can interlock into one another. You could fit 5 or 6 on your bumper like below. Very quickly done, but you get the idea. Dunno how much they cost though.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 569

wow alec, those are weird! a cool idea but i dont think ill get em.

It will definatley make a difference in fog! Fog lights do not reflect water droplets, so that is why they pierce through fog. I would stick two fogs on there, and one driving light.....

I say go with Hella's. I have not heard anybody say anything bad about them.

but get white fogs so it won't look wierd if you get a single driving light later. Though with Hellas you'll probably keep the covers on them most of the time.

I like my Hella 500s.

do you think the hellas would be better than those PIAA's? the piaa 580 xtreme white fog?

dunno about looks, but they're sure as hell cheaper!

Well, you can get the 4000s in a Euro pattern. Thats a mix between a fog and a driving beam. Kind of a "W" light shape. Imagine the bottom of the W as the front of the truck. This is to not blind people as easily and give you light where you need it.

Anyway, 2 fogs and 1 Euro pattern would work well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back