What Lift and Tires is this Rig? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What Lift and Tires is this Rig?

I just put a 6" superlift kit on my 93 4 door Exploder, now the tires are so small looking I'm already catching hell for it!

Anybody know a good nerf bar kit for a 4 door Exploder that can actually function as a nerf bar and not an easily dented step bar?

I call it the Exploder due to having had to replace the sending unit in the fuel tank, and there is always that possibility however remote when you start playing with gasoline.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hijack-In_progress.jpg

What about a manual transmission with a Body Lift???

Alright, I agree with you on the 3" body lift on the original picture posted. There just isn't anyway I can see 36's having that much clearance without one.

I want that kind of look/clearance when I put on my next lift. Problem is, I want to keep my manual tranny. Will I run into any issues with a body lift regarding the location of transmission/stick? How can these issues be resolved?

ps.....what is this picture all about?? Am I missing something?

I did the 3" BL, it came with a shifter extension and steering extension. Also came with all the bumper brackets and e-brake brackets to relocate. I didn't do the shifter ext. cause it was late and I was lazy, you will have problems with the shift boot and it may hit the cup holders on the center console in 4th w/o the ext. :salute:

Thanks, good to know. No problems with cup holders here. This is a 1st Gen, completely stripped of any such luxuries :).

here's a visual. nice place for the CB! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 100_3264.JPG
    100_3264.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 226

Thanks for the pic, this gives me a good idea of what to expect, and you don't have any issues hitting the CB right? That's exactly where I want to mount mine.

No issues with hitting the CB at all. I can wrap the mic cord around the shifter and hook it on the mic clip and it stays outa the way.

Good deal, thanks for the insight!

I missed this one.

Superlift 5.5" lift
Superlift radius arms
6" Skyjacker coils
Old Man Emu OME-36 leafs, stock shackles
Tires in this picture are 36x12.50x15 Super Swamper TSL Radials
The rear quarter panels were cut off above the body side molding, the rear wheel openings were extended ~2" at the front and the front fenders were trimmed back nearly 6" at the rear of the wheel opening.

No, I repeat NO body lift. Body lifts are for ***s.

How was wheeling with the 36's?

How was wheeling with the 36's?

You have to use a little more finesse to avoid exploding the front axleshafts but the additional ground clearance is well worth it.

Back