• Register Today It's free!

What mods should i do next?

rayamx69

Reaction score
City, State
Tucson, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
Hey everyone. I have been modifying my daily driver x for about two years now. Been a really low budget build. Finally I have some spare cash to throw at it for some good mods. I just wanted to know if someone had some suggestions for what should come next. i think im satisfied with the height and the tires as this is my dd. the interior is clean. The body is straight, although the black kills me in the AZ summers. I am going to keep the stock bumpers just cause i like the way they look. Rock sliders are already in progress. i just dont know what to do next. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How about a nice stereo system :D

already have a bangin system. pioneer deck, kicker speakers and amp al the way around. jl 8w3 in custom seventh order box.

Nice....
How bout a suede interior? Haha jk, but have you done anything to the engine? Exhaust?

engine is stock with a k&n filter, and 195,000. I kinda want to see how long it will go. I thought about ported heads or a turbo. But at that point i should just do a v8 swap. thats kinda out of my price range. Ive got about 1500 to do mods right now. i built my own cat-back.

Eh yeah, id go with a V8 swap if you were thinkin about turbo and whatnot.

Got any pics of her?
How about a front end like mine...really like a whole new truck with that little bit:
SSPX0017.jpg

0912090002.jpg

i am definately going to do the clear lights

The diamond cut clears on the front, and the billette grill would look sick on a black explorer.

I would VHT the tails too...

I also have 10,000k HIDs in mine, with blue blinkers, and corners, looks badass.

ive got 8000k hids. it already has the billet grille. i might smoke the tails.

They look ****ty cus I had my flash on
SANY0089.jpg

tow hooks ? locker ?

Air horn lol, i love mine. It was $40 - Called the Wolo Bad Boy. Kind of a funny pitch but LOUD as hell. Plug and play too :)

Take a look at my signature too, gotta be something that interests u down there haha

Locker locker locker--- best investments I ever made New axel shafts if you are running 37"s-- you'll need them soon.

V8

put a bullhorn?

offroad lights

CB radio

strobes

Seriously, from the look of your rig, you need to not worry about all the useless appearance crap and focus on trail mods. Unless you built that big bad a$$ rig to go to the mall, forget about all the shiny parts and listen to the good advice above...

Lockers, upgrade the axles, V8, bumpers, sliders, useful offroad lighting.

If you got the cash, go for the strong upgrades.

Good luck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back