• Register Today It's free!

what part is this?

anthony d

Reaction score
City, State
NY/NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Can anyone tell me what the black part with the white circle in it is? It attaches to an insulated tube above it... Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take a picture from farther away so I can see where on the vehicle this is located.

From your other thread, my absolute SWAG is a leak in the heater core that is dripping down into the footwell. Have you checked your coolant level? Are you getting fogging in the vehicle?

And what are the wires tied up below it from? That doesn't look like factory wiring. Was someone doing work under the dashboard that might have caused your problem?

Can anyone tell me what the black part with the white circle in it is? It attaches to an insulated tube above it... Thanks!

It looks like a grease drip from somewhere up under the dash, like from a pivot point on the throttle linkage. Hot days can make grease a little runny, and over time it can flow.

The only fluid system in the dash is coolant and freon (freon is a gas, but it has some oil in it). If its neither one of those, I wouldn't worry about it.

From your other thread, my absolute SWAG is a leak in the heater core that is dripping down into the footwell. Have you checked your coolant level? Are you getting fogging in the vehicle?

And what are the wires tied up below it from? That doesn't look like factory wiring. Was someone doing work under the dashboard that might have caused your problem?

Have not checked coolant, doesn't smell like coolant. And no, the truck is brand new, no one has done anything to it since I bought it in February.

It looks like a grease drip from somewhere up under the dash, like from a pivot point on the throttle linkage. Hot days can make grease a little runny, and over time it can flow.

The only fluid system in the dash is coolant and freon (freon is a gas, but it has some oil in it). If its neither one of those, I wouldn't worry about it.

Didn't feel like grease, but it could be. It is at the dealership now getting checked out.

Back