What the heck does this vacuum port go to???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What the heck does this vacuum port go to????

tojan19

Reaction score
City, State
Smithfield VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 EB
My 97 5.0L exp sprung a vacuum leak suddenly. When investigating I found that there was a vacuum port with no hose connected to it. It's the tee shaped fitting on the back underside of the intake manifold. One side goes to the PCV valve. What does the other side go to? I found this pic that shows it going to another spot under the manifold but I can't find the hose or what the heck was connected to the port.
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3419/vacuumhoseroutinget3.jpg

Also what the heck would have caused this hose to come off?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 97 5.0L exp sprung a vacuum leak suddenly. When investigating I found that there was a vacuum port with no hose connected to it. It's the tee shaped fitting on the back underside of the intake manifold. One side goes to the PCV valve. What does the other side go to? I found this pic that shows it going to another spot under the manifold but I can't find the hose or what the heck was connected to the port.
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3419/vacuumhoseroutinget3.jpg

Also what the heck would have caused this hose to come off?
It goes to the brake booster--which should have 2 hoses routed to it--

It goes to the brake booster--which should have 2 hoses routed to it--
Unless I can't find it I can not find a second line to the brake booster or a tee in the line from the brake booster. Is it possible that this was a capped port?

Unless I can't find it I can not find a second line to the brake booster or a tee in the line from the brake booster. Is it possible that this was a capped port?

I guess it is possible--have you tried this?

No. I'm going to try tonight.

Back