What this F-150 4X4 worth and what to look for. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What this F-150 4X4 worth and what to look for.

redneck21

Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 sport
I don't know to much about it b/c i would rather see it for myself when getting a car. What i do know is that is a 92 f1-50 4X4 automatic runs good and the body don't car to much about looks tho, 4wd works. The only bad is the reverse does not work. I was thinking a flush and a new filter might take car of that. This will be my first 4X4 that i will be buying so what are something to look for and any know proplems with this year?

truck004.jpg

truck005.jpg

truck006.jpg

truck007.jpg

I wouldn't pay more than $500 for it. That way if it doesn't work you could still scrap it. I don't think I've ever heard of a tranny flush and filter getting gears (or reverse) working if it isn't already... in fact in most cases unless it's been done regularly it will cause more damage. I'd say you are looking at a rebuilt transmission at a minimum. And that's assuming that's all thats really wrong with it. Can't tell you how many car ads I've read that say "runs great, needs transmission" and crap like that. Unless you are good mechanically or know someone who is and will do work for cheap, I'd move along to the next vehicle...

Back