What type of mods are good for my truck to get extra power? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What type of mods are good for my truck to get extra power?

Beezy504

Reaction score
City, State
Savannah,Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 mount....
hey i was wondering beside putting a cold intake on it also perfomance chip in it what esle can i do to make my truck go faster.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Torque monster headers. Search the site and you will find out how to get them

ditch the chip idea. You want an xcal tuning device from James

www.hensonperformance.com

welcome to the forum

if its a 5.0, then TM Headers would be the way to go.
if its a 4.0, theres always a supercharger haha, but seriously, the TM's are suposed to be great.
either way, you should do an intake and cat back exhaust.
what gears does it have? if it lower numerically then something like 4.10's would be faster for acceleration.

how much does an xcal cost? i only found 1 for a 04 and newer explorer, not 01...?

im not sure how can i check to see what type of gears it has.

Its a 5.0 everything under the hood is stock.

alright i thaught about doing a tm headers and a mac cold intake also i might put some comp camshaft in there also.

welcome

Henson.

Ditch the CAI, it's not going to do anything but look pretty and cost you money. If you're doing a cam, I think James will need to know what is in there first. Get the headers, then the cam, then the XCal.

Don't be disappointed if you're not running 12's, it's an SUV. :D

could it be th starter

if my trucks run hot and now its not turning over could it be my starter going bad or went bad.because i was trying to crank it up when it went half way.

I'm going to do the supercharger on my 4.0. I'm not sure why people laugh about it... then again, i put a supercharger on my lawnmower once.

more to come... just workin' out some final details with Ron...

i would put a supercharger on a 4.0 n sum headers if i had one

Mate, the first thing I'd do is dump the exhaust and go 2.5" system .then a bigger maf then call James at Henson Performance .He knows what he's on about .He is terrific to work with, even out here in Australia.Cheers Foxy

Back