• Register Today It's free!

What's Next

broken strut

Reaction score
City, State
CHIMOMAN VILLE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 White Sport
So I've pretty much jacked my Ex as much as I can.
Headlights tinted, HID upgrade, LED lights interior and puddles. Running Boards. New Ford Emblems front and back. Shark Fin. Livernois tune with spark plugs and thermostat and exhaust. 20% tinted front windows, LED running lights, Ford door lights that light up on the ground, interceptor hood emblem, husky floor mats front second and rears, Ford iPhone remote start with alarm system....... ( Haven't lowered my springs as it seems a lot of work for 1" of difference.) Running out of upgrades. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Might trade it in for a Range Rover...... NOTTTTTTTTT...... LOL

Turbo upgrade? Ported heads? Hard pipe kit? Fmic? Downpipes?

Seriously tho...pics of the interceptor badges?

Hood Badge. Candy Bar is Candy Ass

Turbo upgrade? Ported heads? Hard pipe kit? Fmic? Downpipes?

Seriously tho...pics of the interceptor badges?

Who's ported heads on an explorer ecoboost? Seen a hard pipe kit?

Seriously though.

I think it's (edit:look at next post down) that has the hard pipe kit for sale. I havent seen a company who ports heads but you would take them off and send them to get a port job. Maybe livernois or Mike has or could comment on the design of the heads. I'm fortunate to have a porting company in town (kotzur) who hand ports as well as flow bench heads/intakes etc. A lot of this stuff would be pioneering the platform but would or could be beneficial across all the 3.5 eb world. Ultimately I think the trans will be the limiting factor for us tho

Broken Strut I would love to see pictures of your Explorer.

I'm waiting til spring. Once it's detailed and waxed up ill snap some pics. I haven't added the interceptor badge yet due to temperature.

I didn't think that the springs would make that kind of difference either but after install , it really changes the look of the vehicle . the first time I really noticed was the day after lowering when I had to walk a little ways away from the Sport to do something . when I turned around to walk back , I noticed how much better it looked :thumbsup:

True that - totally changed the attitude of my Sport...love it even more!

Darren

Broken Strut: I've seen the 'INTERCEPTOR' hood lettering. Have you, or anyone else, seen or have a part number for the new 2014.5 Interceptor Utility 3.5L Ecoboost's unique mesh grille?

Thanks for the link, but that's not it. It's not a three piece grille, I believe it's a one-piece mesh-style grille exclusive to the 3.5L EcoBoost Interceptor Utes, for improved cooling in Nevada deserts (NV Highway Patrol is the largest purchaser of the 3.5L turbo Interceptor Utes)

13089852104_a0fa198d49_m.jpg

Thanks for the link, but that's not it. It's not a three piece grille, I believe it's a one-piece mesh-style grille exclusive to the 3.5L EcoBoost Interceptor Utes, for improved cooling in Nevada deserts (NV Highway Patrol is the largest purchaser of the 3.5L turbo Interceptor Utes)

read-more_thumb_36154.png
I just did some research and can't find anything about a different grille . all the ones I see are the same as what's in the link .

It's new to the 2014.5 3.5L Turbo Interceptor Ute only. Most parts websites are current only through 2013 M.Y.

It's new to the 2014.5 3.5L Turbo Interceptor Ute only. Most parts websites are current only through 2013 M.Y.
have you seen it or where did you get your info from ? I checked every site possible for a pic or anything and they all show the other grille .

I just had these photos taken (at 2:00PT) in Reno NV of a NHP Ford Police Interceptor Utility with the 3.5L EcoBoost engine. This O.E. grille and the 'INTERCEPTOR' hood lettering is unique to the 2014.5 3.5L EcoBoost PI Ute. The 2014 3.7L PI Ute still has the black grille that is similar to the Explorer Sport, and no 'INTERCEPTOR' lettering.

13091507134_b49ee168ab_m.jpg

13091461155_d514acd825_m.jpg

I got the original info from the Michigan State Police AND Los Angeles Sheriff's Pursuit Vehicle Tests, with photos. The mesh grille allows for better airflow/cooling system efficiency.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it's (edit:look at next post down) that has the hard pipe kit for sale. I havent seen a company who ports heads but you would take them off and send them to get a port job. Maybe livernois or Mike has or could comment on the design of the heads. I'm fortunate to have a porting company in town (kotzur) who hand ports as well as flow bench heads/intakes etc. A lot of this stuff would be pioneering the platform but would or could be beneficial across all the 3.5 eb world. Ultimately I think the trans will be the limiting factor for us tho

The problem is that porting the heads on this is not like a traditional engine, so you can't just port them and get big flow, if you do that you hurt combustion stability, and durability, so porting them is a science.

As for other upgrades, methanol, downpipes, and turbo upgrades are a good upgrade, however, I would NOT recommend hard pipes. The increase in heat is a large hindrance to performance and consistency, plus the factory pipes can handle all of the boost you can throw at them.

Back