• Register Today It's free!

wheel bearing adjusting nut

pl123

Reaction score
City, State
hopkinsville,ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 eb
I just did a full brake job on my 94 explorer with the auto locking hubs and found that my wheel bearing adjusting nut is cracked. Does anyone know where I can get a new one fast?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

at a parts store......thats usually where people get there parts....

is the junk yard the only place. I have tried all my local part stores

is the junk yard the only place. I have tried all my local part stores

No.. but a junk yard would be the fastest place (you did specify fast in your title).. You could also post a thread in the parts wanted section since many people who have switched from auto to manual hubs no longer use the large hub adjustment nut (manual hubs use 2 hub nuts that jamn together)...

You may want to suck it up and goto the dealership if you can't get it at a parts place... I had to do that when I broke my fuel line retaining clip... I paid 16$ for 2 of them (Dealerships up the prices quite a bit)! I went around to about 5 different parts place and none of them knew what I needed, and if they did they did not have the right one. Dealership is probably faster but more expensive way to go

I agree with DeRocha. Junk yard is by far your fastest option.

I would definitely not expect to find this at a parts store. If junk yards don't work for you, you'll need to try a dealer (and they're unlikely to carry parts for a Gen1 Explorer anymore), or an online Ford parts site.

Last resort, ebay. That would be your slowest option (if you have to wait for an auction to end, etc.).

Mike

thanks for all the help. I was able to get one from someone on here

Back