Wheel bearings | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheel bearings

The Hub 67 will fit fine, that's what I used. Mine is an 06, built 10/05. You will also get the 5 bolt kit with the HUB 67, and not with the 29. Go ahead and spend more money for the 29 if you want and then buy the bolts separately, but I can tell you that the HUB67 will fit perfect.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Confirming what Edwx says. Just replaced mine last week with HUB67.
HUB 29 and 67 are the same mechanical parts from what I see. The difference is different ABS wiring, and extra bolts. I am cheating anyway and I leave the ABS wire there, and just unbolt the sensor from the old hub and put it back in the new one - no problems so far. I used 29's for the first few replacements, and then risked one time with 69 and it worked. I am ordering HUB69's since then.

The Hub 67 will fit fine, that's what I used. Mine is an 06, built 10/05. You will also get the 5 bolt kit with the HUB 67, and not with the 29. Go ahead and spend more money for the 29 if you want and then buy the bolts separately, but I can tell you that the HUB67 will fit perfect.

Interesting information. Thank you. So I guess if you have an 06' then you can use the HUB-67 and if you have a 2007 or later use the HUB-29?

I wonder why the 67 is less money than the 29 and includes the bolts?

Has anybody used the HUB-67 on a 2007-2010 Explorer?

I think you can use 29 and 67 on all years.

I wonder why the 67 is less money than the 29 and includes the bolts?

That's the 64 (67) thousand dollar question. My only theory is that the parts just get more expensive with each Generation of truck, ie Gen III, IV, and V,.....etc.

At the same time, the overall prices have come down over that past couple of years. Just got a 67 for 50 dollars less than a couple of years ago.

Used the cheaper of the two Ford options on my 2010. As stated earlier, the difference was in the ABS wiring. And really that difference was only in the length of cable and positioning of the grommets. A zip tie later and they have been working just fine. They even say "Timken" on the inside.

Back