Wheel Caps | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheel Caps

Iram

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Has anybody else lost their wheel caps? I have a 2013 XLT with about 8500 miles on it and noticed 2 weeks ago my right rear wheel center cap was gone. I figured it must have fell off or somebody wanted it really bad. Two days ago I noticed the left rear wheel center cap is now gone. No, I don't drive it like I stole it, so excessive speeds, drifting, burnouts, etc. is not the issue. Could this be a possible recall issue to modify the caps so they don't fall off?
:usa:

Has anybody else lost their wheel caps? I have a 2013 XLT with about 8500 miles on it and noticed 2 weeks ago my right rear wheel center cap was gone. I figured it must have fell off or somebody wanted it really bad. Two days ago I noticed the left rear wheel center cap is now gone. No, I don't drive it like I stole it, so excessive speeds, drifting, burnouts, etc. is not the issue. Could this be a possible recall issue to modify the caps so they don't fall off?
:usa:
Welcome top the Forum Iram.:wavey:
I have been on this site for over 2 1/2 years and this is the first post regarding this issue. In addition to my 20" OEM wheels, I have a set of Base model 17" wheels as well for Winter and have never come across this so I can't see that it is really a problem. Are you sure that someone hasn't pried them off?

Peter

My 2013 Explorer XLT 4WD has lost 4 this year. Although I am not sure, could have been all 4 that it cam with. Definitely both sides and the last 2 were off of different wheels on the passenger side. We ordered and took delivery on June 28, 2013. I suspect that the batch of Center Caps was defective.

Glenn

Had the truck inspected and the oil changed as well as wheel rotation. When I was getting in it I noticed a black smudge on wheel and mechanic wiped it off. He said they applied adhesive to all the center caps as they tend to fall off when driving. Never heard of it, but apparently there is some truth to it!

Back