Replacement Wheel Center Caps | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replacement Wheel Center Caps

mark090852

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
I few days ago I picked up a "new to me" 2016 Explorer Sport. All four wheel center caps have some hardened white substance on the surface. It looks like white paint or dried wax, but it is very hard and I've tried everything I can think of to remove it, with no luck. I'd like to order some new ones. Does anybody have a source for OEM parts like this that they would recommend?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Mark. I use this site for gather my info. They show different caps. AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake | Parts & Accessories
Have you tried your dealer's parts department?

Peter

I have not checked my dealer's part department yet. The dealership is about an hour drive away, and I was hoping to find them online and order them so they would be delivered here to the house. I'm going to check out the site you recommended. Thanks

Some have also ordered parts from places like Rock Auto/

I few days ago I picked up a "new to me" 2016 Explorer Sport. All four wheel center caps have some hardened white substance on the surface. It looks like white paint or dried wax, but it is very hard and I've tried everything I can think of to remove it, with no luck. I'd like to order some new ones. Does anybody have a source for OEM parts like this that they would recommend?

Which ones do you need, brushed, chrome, or black?

That number is not recognized on the FordNation site and the number is nowhere close to the ones they show for similar caps. Also, the 2 that show on the site appear to be specific to certain wheel sizes.

Peter

I did order these. For $16 for four I thought it was worth trying them out. Further down in their ebay description, they do list a 2016 Explorer Sport with 20" wheels and a correct fitment. I will know in a week or so and I'll report back here with my results.

Back