• Register Today It's free!

Wheel Help

BrianG

Reaction score
City, State
Earlysville, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT 4x4
I have searched, surfed, researched, read, and reread so many posts on here that I could not even begin to explain but...... I am still having trouble choosing rims for my 04 Sport Trac 4X4.

What rim size, brand, and backspace are you guys using on your tracs? I have seen some Classic II and read that some of you are running those, but what other fitmets are you guys running.

I have looked at 15x8 with 3.75" backspace but unsure what brands would fit.

I have looked at 16x8 but backspace ranges are 4.25 or larger.

I am looking to run 31x10.5 on a 15" rim or 265/75r16 on a 16" rim.

For those of you that are running aftermarket rims, what are your recommendations for rim size and backspace?

Is anyone running the Ultra 175 Rouge Rims? I found thos in 15x8 with 3.75 backspace.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

15x8 with 3.75" backspace is ideal.
In 16" wheels, the least backspace I've seen is on a Pro Comp 1069 or 1089 at 4" on a 16x8.

Thanks for the reply. Have you heard of and 15" rims NOT fitting on an 04 Sport Trac? i test fit a 15x8 today and it cleared, but it was a chrome steel wheel. I read somewhere on here that some of the 15" aluminum rims do not fit.

Yes without being able to test fit the wheel's you are gambling on whether the 15" wheel will clear the front calipers.

That's what I thought. Finding it nearly impossible to be able to test fit anything though. Every rim that I have come across that might be the right size has to be ordered in and if it doesn't fit, the shops want to charge a 20% restock fee. There are no shops near my location where the rims are actually on hand.

The hunt for new rims has already been over a month long!!!

Back