• Register Today It's free!

Wheel Spacers?

JPC

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Myers, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT 5.0 AWD
I have a 97 2wd that I have 17" Cobra R's on, and they JUST fit without rubbing the upper ball joint. I tried to put them on my 99 AWD and they won"t clear the upper ball joint. My question is: does anyone know how much I have to make up with a wheel spacer for clearance? I've heard H&R makes a good set, although a bit pricey, and are strong enough as to not have to worry about the wheels coming off. :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jPC are you a girl? cause that qoute at the bottom sounds kinda weird coming from a guy.
just my two cents

92blusilvxlt-
haha think about the quote and then think some more.....
its not that weird, you just dont understand it

92blusilvxlt said:
jPC are you a girl? cause that qoute at the bottom sounds kinda weird coming from a guy.
just my two cents

Take some milk and some wine, and leave them out on the counter for a day or two. Taste them, and then let me know what you think!

Have you considered dry fitting the wheels with a stack of washers (just don't drive around with them!). Then when you get the clearance you need just measure the stack. I have H@R spacers on mine. No problems after 80+ thousand miles and the rears are 1 3/4" thick because I have the Eddie Bauer with the fender flares that look like window awnings. Again, just fit them with the washers, don't drive around with them!

so what your trying to say is that men are like a fine wine they get better with age? and women are like curldled milk? it still sounds kinda weird to me.

oldboat said:
Have you considered dry fitting the wheels with a stack of washers (just don't drive around with them!). Then when you get the clearance you need just measure the stack. I have H@R spacers on mine. No problems after 80+ thousand miles and the rears are 1 3/4" thick because I have the Eddie Bauer with the fender flares that look like window awnings. Again, just fit them with the washers, don't drive around with them!

Ya know, I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks for the idea! I kind of wish I had those on mine, cause with that wheel tire combo, I'm afraid if I space it too much, It will look like one of those......well you know what I mean. Thanks again, and if I do this I will go with the H&Rs

92blusilvxlt said:
so what your trying to say is that men are like a fine wine they get better with age? and women are like curldled milk? it still sounds kinda weird to me.

Sheesh, easy.... its a joke. I'm sorry if I offended all the other women out there. :eek:

Lol nevermind dude it just sounded weird like men get better with age sounded kinda gay. but its cool i know what ya meant.

also you can do a search for wheelspacers.com or wheeladapters.com ..... i bpught a set for my x the fronts were 1 1/2" and the rear were 2" ..... the rims are from a 2000 svt mustang 17" .... they look like they are no futher out than stock .... they cost me 260.00 for the set

Thanks for the tip!

racebronco2 said:
also you can do a search for wheelspacers.com or wheeladapters.com ..... i bpught a set for my x the fronts were 1 1/2" and the rear were 2" ..... the rims are from a 2000 svt mustang 17" .... they look like they are no futher out than stock .... they cost me 260.00 for the set

Now I know how you guys are getting wheels with 6" of back spacing on to your rides ;)

Men age like wine, women age like milk :

Men become more paletable and women become more sour.

Back