• Register Today It's free!

wheel upgrade

ghurst10

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
Hey so right now I've got a 3 inch body lift and 1.5" spacers in the front and 1" spacers in the back and I have 285/75/16 tires on some 16x8 aftermarket rims. But I'm looking to upgrade to 18x9s and so I was wondering if anyone knows what size tires I should get to get to keep the overall diameter close to the 33 inches that I have with my 285s as well as to avoid rubbing.

Hey so right now I've got a 3 inch body lift and 1.5" spacers in the front and 1" spacers in the back and I have 285/75/16 tires on some 16x8 aftermarket rims. But I'm looking to upgrade to 18x9s and so I was wondering if anyone knows what size tires I should get to get to keep the overall diameter close to the 33 inches that I have with my 285s as well as to avoid rubbing.

Are you sure you are saying the correct spacer height? Your other post(s) indicate that you have a 2" front and 1.5" rear.....I've never seen anyone with a 1" spacer

Oh yeah my bad it's 2" in the front and 1.5" in the back

whats a good backspacing? im in the process of doing the spacer/body lift and want to run some near 33s, i want to buy rockstar 20s, they are 8.5 wide, 5" of backspacing.... want to forecast if im going to need to run 1.5" wheel spacers or not...

Back