• Register Today It's free!

wheels and tires

97exposport

Reaction score
City, State
chesterfield, va
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Sport
okay, im looking to put some 33's on my sport after i do the suspension and body lift but now im not too sure what wheel i should be looking for. the main thing i need to figure out is the backspacing and bolt pattern of the wheels. i was looking for a 15x10 to fit 33x12.50 bfg or procomp mud terrains. to be honest i really dont care what the wheels look like just as long as they sit in the right spot(backspacing) and actually bolt on...any suggestions would be great! thanks guys.

oh yeah, its a 97 sport and im goin with a 4 door spring, add a leaf, shackles, torsion twist, and a 3 inch body lift in order to fit the 33's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh ok, cause i went to a local truck outfitters type store and they told me that the smallest rim i could run with a 33X12.50 was 10 inches in order to be safe...

yea as of now i have 30'' mts on my 99' explorer with 15x8 American Racing wheels and i am soon lifting it and gettin 33's and keeping my 15x8 wheels, the 33's will fit the wheels like a glove

i have 33's on 8 inch rims american racing and they do not have a problem..
so i will doubt you will have a priolem with running an 8 inch rim...

so the bolt pattern for a 97 sport is 5x4.5?

sorry i just did a search and this thread came up so I want to comfirm

Back