• Register Today It's free!

when i turn my air on

Rwolfe

Reaction score
City, State
Hanover PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Explorer Sport trac
When i turn my air on, i can feel a vibration in the steering wheel but when i turn it off it stops, what could cause this ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Shivering?

:D

Sorry- I had to. I really don't know though, unless maybe the blower fan is losing it. Does it only do it with the A/C or with heat also?

It's a long shot, but maybe having the ac on is causing just enough drain to for some reason make the engine run rough, and you're feeling that? Idk though, honestly. Hope someone can help though!

It's a long shot, but maybe having the ac on is causing just enough drain to for some reason make the engine run rough, and you're feeling that?

Either a bad compressor or ps pump?

id have to admit thats pretty weird. but our a/c's are so weird. when i turn mine off there is annoying high pitch squeel that comes thru the vents. kinda like in the movies when someone turns on their nightvision goggles? yeah that noise.

it is weird it only happens with air an not the heat

also when i turn the truck off with air on my air continues to blow for about 5 sec after truck is off

well when my air is on full blast itll stay on for a couple seconds when i turn it off too..... its like we're brothers..... lol. i wish i could help man but i really dont know. really the only thing i can say is take it to the dealer or someone who specializes in a/c and see if they can diagnose it.

Back