Solved - Where are A/C service ports? Sometimes the simplest things.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved Where are A/C service ports? Sometimes the simplest things....

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

MGDavis

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mountaineer
OK, so where *is* the low pressure port? I see a lot of posts with "its between the compressor and the condenser" but nothing with a picture. I have a 98 V8 Mountaineer that needs a little topping off, and I'll be damned if I can find the port. Anybody got a picture they can upload?

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Low Side Port:
IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2127.jpg

High Side Port:
IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

That's about as clear and concise as it gets!

That's about as clear and concise as it gets!

Took these pictures one day while I was checking on the A/C. I remembered a time when I checked this forum and in every other thread someone was asking "Where are my Service Ports!?" ;)

I serviced the a/c on my son's Lincoln LS-8 the other day. Couldn't find the high side port to save my life. I actually had to go to the service manual to find it. You wouldn't believe where it was. Basically on the back of the compressor...which is on the bottom of the engine. What a pain.

Back