• Register Today It's free!

Where does the plug go??

Shooteruk

Reaction score
City, State
UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 North Face Exploder
Okay, engine from Chris is in, I have a plug that I can't find a home for. It's on the same loom as the alternator so right hand side of the engine, the eye is bolted to the alternator and the wide narrow plug is also plugged in the top, there is a small square one that plugs into the air flow meter but I have a round one left over that I can't see where it goes. It's round with, I think, five pins inside it. Any one got any ideas where it goes?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

vacuum connector?

A photo of the connector would be very helpful. The only round connector I can think of is the vacuum line connector that looks like it might have wires in it but are small vacuum lines.
HEADSFRT.JPG

Its the one in the upper left of the photo above. On the 1997 & 1998 there are more vacuum lines than on my 2000 because they have VIS.

Okay so the picture should be below. If I've done it right

Attachments

• SAM_0001.jpg
    SAM_0001.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 462

loom

hi
it should conect to the engine loom i may have cut it off or it may be a different loom on that engine to the loom on your original engine i think i said at the time off collection you may have to use your old loom with the engine.i have an engine here with the loom still on with that conection can send pic of it if you send email address
cheers chris

Look at the two bolts that fasten the alternator down that are a couple of inches apart on the right. The connector is under there on the side of the alternator.

KevinP, just pulled off the alternater and the only connections are on the top as seen in the picture. Don't suppose you have one of where it goes do you?

The connector isn't for the alternator mate, its just held on the side of the alternator with one of those serrated push clips.

Okay but what is the plug for. I can't find anything for it to plug into. It's the grey round plug that shown in the picture.

I think i have the answer!!!!

If you look at the pic below (sorry for the poor quality) there is a part of the loom that runs across the front of the engine and down behind the mounting bracket for the air con compressor. There is a push in clip for this part of the loom on the right hand post (as you look at it) for the alternator mounting and it runs behind the alt.

Spareengine.jpg

I'm not sure what the other end of the loom plugs into but i'd guess at aircon.
Jan

Thanks guys. A combination of Chris's photo and Jans description and I found it. When I took the engine out I moved the long part of the loom to the other side of the engine bay where it runs up behind the air con pump. Getting close to zero hour now. Thanks again.

Back