Where to buy 130w H3 bulbs? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to buy 130w H3 bulbs?

Well, last night i was testing the harness i was making for my lights and decided to use my 18 volt drill battery since i was to lazy to go outside and pop my hood, so needless to say i burned out 2 of my lights at the same time. they were 130w H3 bulbs. I've gone to local auto parts stores and it seems like all they can order is 100w H3's. So does anyone know where i can get some 130w or 150w h3 bulbs? or should i just settle for 100w?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

our local parts stores all carry 130 w bulbs......

do a search on google, you will find all sorts of places

Summitt has KC bulbs. KC is the only Co. I know of that makes the 130 watt bulbs. PIAA makes a 120 watt not sure about a 130.
A local KC Hilites dealer may stock them.

I hit up all the parts stores around here, napa, oreily's, advanced auto, carquest, all have no higher then 100w. Do you guys think a 55w silverstar would be brighter then a normal hologen 100w light?

Stick with your 100watt. I have 55watt SS's and they're good for high beams. 100watt was way too bright for highway use.

these are for off road use....they're go'n in 6" off road light housings

I dont know how sharp your eyes are so I dont know if you would miss the extra 30 watts or not. Personally I'd order some 130s.
55 watt silverstars or any other light that says "55 watt draw 100 watt output" is still just a 55 watt bulb and isnt going to compare to 100 or 130.
If your lights will handel a 130 then by all means use it. Thats all I run in my PIAA 80s on the X & the Cad.

thanks Bill, that helps a lot. I went ahead and ordered some online and got a couple extra. I just wanted to see if there was a place to get them locally first.

JC Whitney has them I believe. I got my KC knockoff lights (which are awesome by the way...KC covers fit them and 3 years later they are still on the original bulbs with usage all the time the brights are on and no corrosion or moisture inside) from there and remember at the time they had a huge selection of H3 bulbs. None of my local places carry more than 100W either.

^^^^ bingo (also can try ebay but i would do jcwhitney)

Hey, thanks for the reply, but check out the message dates... this was from over a year ago.

Back