Where to buy upper idler pulley?

parad1mg

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Mirada, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Mounty 5.0 AWD
i cant seem to find a place that sells an upper idler pulley ( the big and smooth with the wall thing..) for a 5.0 engine.. i've looked at autozone, pepboys, napa and advanced auto parts but all they have is the small lower pulley..

does anybody know where to get them?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FOUR SEASONS Part # 45975 More Info {Pulley Diameter=3-1/2" Belt Width=1" Belt Type=Serpentine}
AC Bracket Mount

Add to Cart
GATES Part # 38001 More Info {Belt Drive Pulley Steel Smooth (90mm x 17mm x 30.5mm)}
A.C. Brkt.

Add to Cart
FOUR SEASONS Part # 45979 More Info {Pulley Diameter=3" Belt Width=1" Belt Type=Serpentine}
Alternator Bracket Mount

ACDELCO Part # 38001 {Steel Smooth/Backside (90mm x 17mm x 30.5mm) #88909582}
PULLEY,BELT IDLER A.C. BRKT.; BELT DRIVE PULLEY

www.rockauto.com

FOUR SEASONS Part # 45975 More Info {Pulley Diameter=3-1/2" Belt Width=1" Belt Type=Serpentine}
AC Bracket Mount

Add to Cart
GATES Part # 38001 More Info {Belt Drive Pulley Steel Smooth (90mm x 17mm x 30.5mm)}
A.C. Brkt.

Add to Cart
FOUR SEASONS Part # 45979 More Info {Pulley Diameter=3" Belt Width=1" Belt Type=Serpentine}
Alternator Bracket Mount

ACDELCO Part # 38001 {Steel Smooth/Backside (90mm x 17mm x 30.5mm) #88909582}
PULLEY,BELT IDLER A.C. BRKT.; BELT DRIVE PULLEY

www.rockauto.com

I think these are the smaller idler pulley? i'm looking for the upper idler pulley ( the big and smooth with the wall thing..)

its the one on the left side..
idlerpulley.jpg

i really dont know the dimensions of the pulley or if they redesigned it and took out the sidewalls..

Try Torrie at Fast Parts Network or your local Ford dealer.

Good luck ....

I have replaced the upper idler pully on my '00 limited 5.0 a few times now with ones from a local parts store and they kept goin out. The dealership is your best bet, it might be a bit more expensive but it comes with a new bolt and washers too. A lot of times they go out because the bolt is slightly bent which strains the bearings in the pully.

u can just replace the bearing inside the last 4 or 5 i did that way only cost me 5 bucks each, lay pulley on flat surface use a socket or seal -bearing driver the same size as bearing a few taps an old bearing is out.
ive even popped old bearings out with just my hand it doesnt take to much force . :))

Back