where to ground amp?

Danson

Reaction score
City, State
London, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited
hey everyone,
i was told that i grounded my amp to the wrong spot (under the flap piece behind the back seat) where is a better place to ground?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dude whoever told you that does not no what there talking about thats where mine is grounded.

the reason why i ask is because whenever i turn on my wipers or anything my sub thumps and someone said its the ground, it is bad

no dude i dont have that problem what size amp do you have

Thats where mine (was) grounded til I sold the explorer.
SANY0001.jpg

I had the battery grounded right under the battery, and then the amp was grounded under the flap or whatever like you said, try and get a pic of where it is if you can...

did you have a second battery in the back

my bad i didnt scrol over you should ground it to the conetic battery

ground the battery in back to the battery in front and then hook up your am to the battery in back

Nooo you dont run a power and ground all the way to the other battery

Run a pos. from under the hood to the 2nd battery, ground the 2nd battery to the chassis/body, and run whatever off the 2nd battery

thats right i forgot is it in an explorer now

Lol yea,
but no its all in my garage right now....hopefully in a new explorer sport tomorrow though :D haha

yea i would hook the ground to the back battery

go to my profile and look at the picture thats my system

i have a 600 watt sony xplod amp, and it does one quick thump when i start up the explorer, if i turn off all noises i can hear the sub putting out some noise

there is nothing wrong with running another ground wire to the back...But I do more than the least possible for electrical. Wire is cheap...and upgrading grounds does a lot more than 99% of people think.

oh how well i no i have a 1000 watt mephis and 3 eclipse 10's

and the noise is from the fuse for the amp you should have at least a 40 to the amp

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do you have a fuseblock on the power to the amp if you do check it and if not put one in it will solve the noise had it doing the same crap in my truck was a bad fuse

Back