Where to purchase OEM rubber body mounts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where to purchase OEM rubber body mounts

dsfii93sport

Reaction score
City, State
Indy, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport
Got a 93 Explorer 4wd 5spd 4.0

Where Is a good place to buy the OEM rubber body mounts? Been looking around and doesnt seem any parts dealers like autozone carry this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah it'll be difficult finding body mounts. I would ask the dealership tho it would obviously cost you an arm and a leg.

Ford should still sell them, the 01 mounts are the same as the old 91-94's. I have a 99 that I'm rebuilding, using my 93 body parts. My old 93 mounts aren't completely shot, but the real parts to replace are the thread sections. They rust and strip out. Good luck,

DayStar makes replacement polurathane body mounts.. See my Body mount replacement Thread for a link to these mounts, as well as lots of info and pics on doing this job.

I am planning on doing a body lift on my truck saturday if I can find some help. If the mounts are good still I have some for you.

-Rich

Ford does carry the bolts also, I chose to buy one new front bolt for my 99. The front mounts were the worst on mine.

Attachments

• 93ChassisFS003.JPG
    93ChassisFS003.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,034

churd69 said:
I am planning on doing a body lift on my truck saturday if I can find some help. If the mounts are good still I have some for you.

-Rich
Unless you're replacing the old mount, I hope you know that a body lift traditionally retains the original mounts and just places a puck between the chassis and the body.

Yeah, I'm searchin for some good rubber mounts... I like the smooth ride and my old one are hard as stones and nasty cracked up... I'll give the stealer a call and check on pricing for these stock ones.

Is there no FORD parts website that would carry these for easy pricing?

IZwack said:
Unless you're replacing the old mount, I hope you know that a body lift traditionally retains the original mounts and just places a puck between the chassis and the body.

Did not know that, but I do now.

-Rich

Yikez O Mighty, Dealer wants $490 for these puppies in rubber... Scratch that and the heck with it I'm gonna go Poly! HAHA..

Wow, retail Ford prices are ridiculous. I may get my old parts collected some time after I finish my 99, but that'll be a month easily. If you could find a later model truck at a salvage yard, that would be a good option. Ask around to see if some 99-01 has been stripped near you, and if it has little corrosion. Good luck,

dsfii93sport said:
Yikez O Mighty, Dealer wants $490 for these puppies in rubber... Scratch that and the heck with it I'm gonna go Poly! HAHA..
That's because the FORD OEM mount includes the rubber and metal flanged pieces together, they don't sell just the rubber alone... As mentioned in my install thread the DayStar poly body bushings require you to re-use the old metal flanges.

Ahh....

I see, so dang if I order the poly then I gotta hope and pray that my metal flanges stay unhurt?! Will that be easy to do?

dsfii93sport said:
Ahh....

I see, so dang if I order the poly then I gotta hope and pray that my metal flanges stay unhurt?! Will that be easy to do?
Not really.. If some flanges are totally gone you could always order 1 body mount instead of dropping almost $500 for new ones all around. During my body mount install I had a few flanges that were toast.. I just replaced them with large dock washers and haven't had any issues... I'd guess 4 flanges were good, while 6 were in various stages of decay..

Back