Where's the AC Relay on a 1st Gen? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where's the AC Relay on a 1st Gen?

TheFox88

Reaction score
City, State
Flagstaff, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
Hey guys, just like the title i need to find out where the AC Relay is on a 1st gen. I am putting in the Black Magic 150 Fan in the X, and i can't seem to find the AC Relay. I Have looked both in Chiltons and the owners manual at the fuse diagrams and the under hood distrubution box. Now, i was under the impression that this was a fuse, but i am starting to doubt this. If anyone could shed some light on this, that would be great. Thanks for any help.
Bryce Fox

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have 3 relays
1 is fuel pump
2 is EEC power
3 is AC WOT

Under the fuse box, under the hood.

So the relay is one of those larger fuses in the power distrubutin box? And if so, how do i tie a wire into that? Thanks for the help, i'm a little slow:D.

Anyone? I was hoping someone who has done this mod would jump in here. Thanks again.

You could twist the wire around one of the prongs then plug the relay back in. The AC one is one of them in the power box under the hood. There should be a diagram on the lid that tells you what is what.

booty fab.

why is it every used car I buy has a few accessories wired in this way? hahaha

I vote for tapping into the wire properly, but thats just me :p

Alright thanks, should finish the 150 this weekend then. Thanks for all the help. Aldive, if you happen to read this, how did you tap into the AC Relay?

Back