Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

orthoguy

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
Going to swap out front corners. What color do you think would look best, clear or black? I just upgraded to 4th generation tails so I'm not sure if I should try and match up with them or the clear headlights? So what do you think?

Thanks!

picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I vote for black! :thumbsup:

I vote for black! :thumbsup:

That's the way I am leaning. I wished they offered a light smoke color. I know the Blacks are Black on the inside with clear lens, I just don't want them too dark!

Not a fan of smoked/black corners unless the headlights are smoked too and its on a dark car. I have clears on mine.

I like black myself

Not a fan of smoked/black corners unless the headlights are smoked too and its on a dark car. I have clears on mine.

That's a great point. If the headlights are clear, then the corners should be clear too!! Too late to change my vote? :p:

That's a great point. If the head lights are clear, then the corners should be clear too!! Too late to change my vote? :p:

That's the dilema...I wanted to match the darker tinted look of the 4th Gen. tail lights I just installed, but up against the clear headlights it may not look right. The tails look awesome on their own, just not sure about attempting that look in front, it may be a mis-match? I've seen some pics of the Black and they look light-ish and compliment the clear head lights but others I have seen look super dark and stick out like a sore thumb against the head lights.

If you look at this picture from Ebay, the Black ones are on a similar color EX and they look good.

lc-epor02jm-dp-1.jpg

That's the dilema...I wanted to match the darker tinted look of the 4th Gen. tail lights I just installed, but up against the clear headlights it may not look right. The tails look awesome on their own, just not sure about attempting that look in front, it may be a mis-match? I've seen some pics of the Black and they look light-ish and compliment the clear head lights but others I have seen look super dark and stick out like a sore thumb against the head lights.

If you look at this picture from Ebay, the Black ones are on a similar color EX and they look good.

They do look good and would look really good with the black headlights!

Going to swap out front corners. What color do you think would look best, clear or black? I just upgraded to 4th generation tails so I'm not sure if I should try and match up with them or the clear headlights? So what do you think?

Thanks!

Here are my black corners and headlights. I did them myself and I really like how they turned out. I don't think they are too dark at all.
CIMG1149.jpg

CIMG1150.jpg

And they match my tails! (Thanks to Kazer)
67bbdd52.jpg

10b40bae.jpg

i never should have sold you those tails... they looked so good on my truck, lol

and i think the black corners with clear headlights look good on that color :thumbsup:

Edit: Tint the third brake light!

Your EX looks great! Thanks for posting pics!

i never should have sold you those tails... they looked so good on my truck, lol

and i think the black corners with clear headlights look good on that color :thumbsup:

Edit: Tint the third brake light!

I'll be sure to send them back when I get rid of them :D My third brake light isn't working for some reason so I'm not too worried about that at the moment, but it's on the list!

Your EX looks great! Thanks for posting pics!

Thanks. Glad to help!

Got it! Yet again BigRondo saves the day!

We all need to pitch in and get you a cape.

There are a bunch of great guys on here that go above and beyond to help out. I'm just trying to give a little back.

Sorry for the hijack. Back to the thread..................................

Well, I order both sets. I will mount one of each and decide from there. I am still leaning towards....Black

Standing by for the pics................................:popcorn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And the winner is.........Black! The clears washed out the front end too much, the Blacks however compliment the body color. I am also using the chrome bulbs to totally eliminate the amber look during the day, but have some LEDs on order to brighten it up more at night.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Back