Which fuse? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which fuse?

Does anyone know which fuse controls the CD player in a '94 EB Explorer? I put in new interior bulbs but when I did the new bulbs didn't work and my cd player didn't come on. I put the old bulbs back in and the lights, as well as my cd player, didn't come on. I checked all the fuses and they all seemed alright, but I wondered if anyone new which fuse specifically controls the radio so I can replace it just to see what happens. Everything works except for my cd player and all interior lighting. my dash and my cigarette lighter still works though. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks.

-Mike

what you want to do is take the lights you put in back out. if the cd player then works its your light bulbs....who knows why or for what...but the bulbs could be messing the sitiuation up...i've read about this before...same guy had a problem like that..

take out the lights and observe what happens....
if its not that...i dunno but i tried.

actually heres another thought.
check your headlights, see if they work.
if not
theres a fues under the hoood in the distrubtion block deal...happened to me , i found that there was just a peice of wire in where a 30 amp fuse should have been.

if the headlights don't work its probably that one, let me know and i'll check to see what one it was....but i thnk the fuse box says what each fuse is..

hope i was of some help.

good luck

ryan

My headlights still work fine. The things that don't work are all my interior lights (doors, glove box, dome lights, etc. and my CD player. Everything else works fine.

Back