Which Headlight HID Kit??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which Headlight HID Kit???

Peter, Surely not arguing with NTSB ratings.. Candidly knobby mudd tires are for off road also but may drive them on their pickups. I have not been brighted by anyone since install and I had been with the OEMS. When LEO pulls me for a light violation I will eat crow till then I am going to keep them given now I can see safely at night. I do appreciate your point.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm using a ddm tuning 35 watt kit. Cost around 65 dollars (in store)

502 Performance in Apalachin NY just changed my 15 sport halogens to Diode Dynamics.. AMAZING AMAZING!!!!! Brandon did super clean job, the lights are beyond super.

My beams and cutoffs are CLEAN and tight as they should be and I think better than the OEM lights.. I light up the night. even on the worst rainy nights have been super..

Thanks Brandon.

Hey!

Just wondering whether you could perhaps share some pictures of your Diode Dynamics kit? Most interested in the cutoff. Had a bad experience with the Morimoto kit from The Retrofit Source in my '15 Sport, so I'm looking into Diode Dynamics and hearing mostly great things. Would love to have a visual reference.

Thanks!

Kevin
As soon as the weather clears up here today Ill back it out of garage and take some pics for you..

Cut off is good in my opinion and I have not has one person bright me since I had them put in. I have also had Brandon at 502 Performance here in Apalachin NY replace my fogs with the DD XL2 6k color AMAZING ...

Kevin
As soon as the weather clears up here today Ill back it out of garage and take some pics for you..

Cut off is good in my opinion and I have not has one person bright me since I had them put in. I have also had Brandon at 502 Performance here in Apalachin NY replace my fogs with the DD XL2 6k color AMAZING ...

Looking forward to seeing them. :)

Here ya go Kevin.. I bit snowy and blustery these are from Driver seat Low beam fog on and off and Highbeam. I have been driving them for a few weeks now and NO one has brighted me or flicked me

View attachment 94139

Diode Dynamics low beam with Fogs off .JPG

Diode Dynamics low beam with Fogs on .JPG

Diode Dynamics High beam.JPG

Here ya go Kevin.. I bit snowy and blustery these are from Driver seat Low beam fog on and off and Highbeam. I have been driving them for a few weeks now and NO one has brighted me or flicked me

View attachment 94139

View attachment 94140

View attachment 94141

View attachment 94142

Thank you sir! That looks very good. Diode Dynamics just launched their Black Friday sale so I'll definitely be picking up the kit and trying it out. I appreciate you taking the time to take the pics. :)

in a few weeks...im going to have these for sale. I am replacing them with a color changing option. I was very pleased with the results.

20140921_093821.jpg

20140920_211552.jpg

What are the name of the color changing headlights you are going with? That sounds like something cool :p

Hey Kevin NP.. I tried to take more in a snow storm but my phone died and i did not get a chance it is a HUGE difference.

AFK Ninja,,: DD has a set of changing lights called Demon Eyes... Contact Brandon at 502Performance ( he is on facebook) he just installed a set in an Audi s4.. They are remote control and very very cool. !

Hey Kevin NP.. I tried to take more in a snow storm but my phone died and i did not get a chance it is a HUGE difference.

AFK Ninja,,: DD has a set of changing lights called Demon Eyes... Contact Brandon at 502Performance ( he is on facebook) he just installed a set in an Audi s4.. They are remote control and very very cool. !

Stay safe! No snow yet down here in NYC, but a nice amount at our property in Callicoon, NY.

Hey Kevin NP.. I tried to take more in a snow storm but my phone died and i did not get a chance it is a HUGE difference. !

So I got the kit today, after a kind neighbor brought it by early morning from a different building. Great job USPS for delivering it to the wrong address! :mad:

Now I'm curious how Brandon mounted the ballasts for you. Are they out of the way or mounted in plain sight? Would appreciate some pictures of the setup if it's not too much of a hassle. :)

Hey Kevin,, Sorry I have been off line a good bit lately with the season..
I will take some pics.. he mounted them where they can be seen but are sill nice and easy so to speak to look at.
I can take pics tomorrow when it is daylight ..

Sorry to bring this back from the dead. Do we need use the HD relay or the Canbus wiring harness from morimoto hid kit?

Sorry to bring this back from the dead. Do we need use the HD relay or the Canbus wiring harness from morimoto hid kit?
I was told HD relay. Good luck with the morimoto kit. I had nothing but problems from day one with mine that I took it off. I ordered it originally with the canbus adapters and one light wouldn't come on. They told me to get the relay. Well it worked 50% of the time and other times I had to turn the knob from auto to on to get both to come on. Then one ignitor died after a few months which they sent out a replacement and still had issues so I gave up and stuck LED's back in. Ive had better luck with the cheaper kits than I did with the more expensive morimoto.

I was told HD relay. Good luck with the morimoto kit. I had nothing but problems from day one with mine that I took it off. I ordered it originally with the canbus adapters and one light wouldn't come on. They told me to get the relay. Well it worked 50% of the time and other times I had to turn the knob from auto to on to get both to come on. Then one ignitor died after a few months which they sent out a replacement and still had issues so I gave up and stuck LED's back in. Ive had better luck with the cheaper kits than I did with the more expensive morimoto.
Well carp. I have a set of LEDs but they aren’t very bright. Any suggestions on those?

Back