• Register Today It's free!

Which Mod?

pbzmag

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
I am in line for my next mod but don't know which one to go with. I was on www.performanceproducts.com and was looking at the TB spacer for my 99 Explorer XLT. I did notice that the description says that it will not work with a K&N kit since the TB will be raised an inch. I wanted to do both these mods but have to pick one now. What I want to know is which one will give better low-end torque. The only mod I have on my Explorer is a Gibson exhuast. I would have gone with Borla but they did make one for my particular engine.

Joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do the k&n... without a lot of other engine mods the spacer isnt going to do much......

definately go for the K&N here. You'll get way more satisfaction for the money, and youwill get a noticeable differance in performance (especially with your already upgraded exhaust.

i agree, go with the K&N, especially with your Gibson exhaust. i have a K&N FIPK and really like it.
Rick H.

Thanks for your opinions! Now I just have to wait for KN to come out with a FIPK kit for my 99 X. Supposedly it's coming out later this year.

Originally posted by pbzmag
Thanks for your opinions! Now I just have to wait for KN to come out with a FIPK kit for my 99 X. Supposedly it's coming out later this year.

Go with the KKM kit, less miney, and performs great.

Back