• Register Today It's free!

Which Sub for a Sport Trac

markedman450

Reaction score
City, State
Enola, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport
I just got a 02 sport trac after my 01 explorer sport was destroyed. Im getting the box that fits under the passenger rear seat but i cant decide which sub to get. Always been a mtx fan so the Jackhammer JH45 10" or the MTX Audio TT6510-04 shallow sub are my first two options. I have a us acoustics amp thats rated at 160 rms but probably is closer to 180-200 range. I know the box only has .45 cubic ft so i figured the shallow sub be better with polly fill. Its rated to handle 300 rms so amp should give it enough. Any opinions on either sub or does anyone have their own opinion. Wanna keep the sub i get under $125. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have the same box in my 01 sport trac and i have a 10" rockford fosgate punch p3 shallow mount and a 300 watt rms amp and it slams

Where did you get the box from ?

I also have a fosgate 2ohm DVC sub under the rear passenger seat on a 300 watt RMS Alpine amp and it jams loud inside that small cab.

I have a 10 inch Jackhammer on a 250 watt Kenwood amp in a .5 Qlogic box behind the console in my F250 4 door. It does a good job for 1 sub. It surprised me with the amount of bass it adds to my truck. I may use 2 of them when I build a down firing box to replace my console.

Back