• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Who has had NO problems at all?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

joshua Evans

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Minneapolis Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 explorer ST
5600 miles in no issues. Don’t even hear a noise with nothing on widows up and I’m tuned into noises after having multiple full on builds. But even if I heard a slight noise that was only audible with windows up and radio off I doubt I’d do much. If there are buybacks happening then ford will get to the bottom of it and issue either a TSB or customer satisfaction program to resolve it. Why anyone would trigger a buyback based off a noise that has zero to do with drive ability or safety before ford inevitably deals with is beyond me but to each is own.

Mountain Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Helena, MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
2020 Platinum picked up in late October 2019 , recirc water pump was out at delivery. No problems since, now at 6k miles. Super quiet, quick, comfotable, wife is happy---well at least about her Ford.

Skip Hood

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 XLT
My XLT was built late September and now has 3000+ miles with no significant issues. Couple of missing fasteners on the shrouds that cover the underside of the vehicle. Big deal. I would suggest not considering this forum to be a representative example of customers’ overall experience with the new Explorers. The fact that we even post here means we are more OCD about our vehicles than most and, as with most forums, more likely to air complaints than just say “everything’s OK”. Bottom line, your Explorer will most likely be entirely satisfactory. Mine is.

bjarnold1

Reaction score
City, State
Nampa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
I think most issues people are experiencing are on early build models

Chad Arnheiter

Reaction score
City, State
West Hills, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
10/2019 build. No service issues. Small paint defect from factory. Family loves the car @1,500 miles

BrianT

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Pickup 25 Oct 2019. I now have just under 8K km
No problems at all :)

Parts missing yes, Rear Deflector and Tow Hook
but the main thing, no problems.:bounce:

Brian

FordExplorerFan

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa Bay, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I think most issues people are experiencing are on early build models
That could very well be the case. Another reason why I preferred ordering over getting one off the lot. Mine will be built in February - if not March.

ROD MARSH

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Temple Hills
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 FORD ST Magnet Grey
Callsign
Florida Alligator
Everyone I know that has a 2020 Explorer is having (or has already had) a major problem with the vehicle. It’s looking like a disaster for Ford. Who has had NO problems with their 2020? It’d be good to hear from them!
I've haven't had any problems with my 2020 ST only the Deep Sleep Mode, And when I'm in reverse it's automatically putting on the brake making me think I just hit something, I've notice 3 times it automatically threw on brakes and nothing was behind me.

ProudestMonkey

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
~6,000 miles, no major problems. Missing the same parts that others are, which is a problem, but is not "major".

I will say I find the multicontour front seats to be quite uncomfortable.

scottfmc

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Spring Hill, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Limited
It's nice to see there that there are quite a few members that are having good experiences. Mine is finally fixed, and I love it.

rfruscel

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
No problems. 1800miles , October 2019 build date

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level