Who Makes the Stock Audio for Ford? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who Makes the Stock Audio for Ford?

LMedina

Reaction score
City, State
Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
Hey Everyone, been looking around here and everywhere as to who makes the H/U's, speakers and amps that go into Ford Explorers (I got a 2000 X with the Premium Audio System and all I could figure out was that Clarion makes my deck). I'd be interested to know who made what for all the model year Explorers, since I also heard Ford changed suppliers over the years, and the specs on all of them. I read a couple of good posts here but just want more detailed info. Thanks!

Since I was also curious, I just pulled out all my stock stuff I pulled out long ago.

I know for a fact Clarion started producing the Decks and CD Changers in the late 2nd era, or even earlier (97/98+, my deck and changer were Clarion in my 98). Speakers are all Ford, no name brand (that I can see). If you have an amp, it should be with the JBL system with the stock system, which is all JBL. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. :p

Factory Mach system is rated at 145 watts RMS, or 290 Watts peak. The head unit puts out 4X15 (4X30W @ peak), and a line-out to a dedicated subwoofer amp rated at 85 Watts (170 W peak).

The Premium Sound System is rated at total 80 watts, or 20x4.

I'm willing to bet Visteon produced some of the stereo equipments in later Explorers.

Back