Who should we blame the for dis-###tional MFT situation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who should we blame the for dis-###tional MFT situation

russell bruesch

Reaction score
City, State
new buffalo michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 limited explorer
Who do blame for this mess, ford engineering or ford quality control dept?

How could ford engineering release such a unstable system to the sales dept? Certainly they must have spent many hours road testing this system before releasing it to sales. Certainly some of these glithes must have shown up while they were in there final testing stage. Was there a known problem with the system that was overlooked because of deadlines to rush into manufacturing? How many of the engineers working on this product were fired after all the known problems started surfacing especially with the poor reviews from all of the major automobile magazines?

What about the ford quality control dept? Certainly there must be extensive quality control meassures put in place for incoming components or completed units before they are installed in the vehicles. Random sampling of some sort must be part of there quality control effort right? Does quality control overlook the problems they find because ford corporate decisions are to continue producing vehicles with these problems? It is sad to think that this might be true.

I feel sorry for the poor ford salesperson that has to get into a brand new ford vehicle and give a demonstration to a customer of all the benifits and technowlogy wizardly of the MFt system. He probably has alot of anxiety when he turns the system on and starts his demonstration not knowing what kind of glitches will show up and embarrass him. How many sales has ford lost because of this? What do you tell an interested buyer about the problems you encounter when your demonstration goes bad?

It is hard to imagine how this system ever got released to production in 2011, but what is most appalling is that the problems have not been corrected in the 2012 vehicles. I guess ford is willing to have the bad press and disgruntled customers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have not yet taken delivery and experienced the joys of MFT first hand. So I suppose it's easy for me to be impartial. But I'm sure Ford is very painfully aware of the problems they have with MFT. There are several threads here, including a sticky where you can submit your issues for the software developers to study. Cory helps with specific problems and escalates them to help you. I think Ford made a mistake and they are doing everything possible to fix it. Yes, it stinks to buy a Beta version of software and live with the issues that I'll likely experience first hand in about 10 days. There is no excuse.

In the meantime, we can help fix the issues by reporting them to Rebecca via the sticky and allowing Cory to escalate as needed.

Again, easy for me to say because I'm not living with it yet. But I'm trying to be rational and give Ford time to clean up their mess.

I have not yet taken delivery and experienced the joys of MFT first hand. So I suppose it's easy for me to be impartial. But I'm sure Ford is very painfully aware of the problems they have with MFT. There are several threads here, including a sticky where you can submit your issues for the software developers to study. Cory helps with specific problems and escalates them to help you. I think Ford made a mistake and they are doing everything possible to fix it. Yes, it stinks to buy a Beta version of software and live with the issues that I'll likely experience first hand in about 10 days. There is no excuse.

In the meantime, we can help fix the issues by reporting them to Rebecca via the sticky and allowing Cory to escalate as needed.

Again, easy for me to say because I'm not living with it yet. But I'm trying to be rational and give Ford time to clean up their mess.

I'm in the same boat, taking delivery on the 17th. I know going in it's going to have issues. If there is a new much updated version of MFT coming Ford should stand up and announce it now. I also stand by my opinion that any new version should be given to a select group of "real" owners to test and report the bugs. That's the only way to get a really good product.

escalates 6 trips to the dealership and still have the same problem!! that's not much of a help. That customer service thing on here is to make you think they are on top of it when no one really knows crap about what to do. From MFT, to rattles, to overheating!! Thanks for the escalations and it still does all of the issues. Oh yea, the breaks sound like a thousand screaming children when you press them. TSB fixed that and now it sounds like the break pads are made of gravel. Great fix. Thanks.

Back