Who's MFT resets the ambient lighting by itself? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who's MFT resets the ambient lighting by itself?

Does your ambient lighting change color by itself?

• Total voters
me too

i leave mine on blue so i only get the return to the brightest setting.. i keep it at the lowest setting normally... its a pain in the but. :scratch:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've only had my 2013 Explorer for a month, but it did this to me yesterday. I thought at first maybe it was a bug with using the remote start. I was actually surprised the lights even came on, but I guess it was still early enough in the morning that the auto setting decided it wasn't bright enough yet. I also noticed all my radio presets got wiped once about a week after I brought it home. Thought my husband had been piddling with it. *L* How do I obtain the MFT update? When I go to support.ford.com, it tells me that my SYNC is up-to-date, but was last updated in March of 2012!!

PM me your VIN and I'll see what the reported version is in OASIS.

Jason

Has anybody found a non dealer fix for this problem? I went to my dealer today to try to get it fixed (with TSB in hand), but was turned away unless they could reproduce it and record what was happening.

Welcome to the Forum cobraman069.:wavey:
This isn't something that is easily reproduced as it sometimes only happens when the MFT does its maintenance reboot which could happen with the vehicle turned off or any other time when no one is around. Your dealer should perform this TSB subject to your Explorer meeting the required software version. I would suggest that you send a PM (private message) to Rebecca (FordIVTteam) to see if she can help you get this looked after. She is one of the Ford reps that monitors this forum.
You can use this link;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=181992
When you PM, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership in your message.

There has not been any DIY fix that I am aware of.

Peter

Up until I installed the latest Sync update last month or so, my LED colors would reset nearly once a week. So far as I can remember/tell, the update docs did not suggest there would be any changes/fixes to LED problems but in my case, i haven't had to change colors SINCE that update so I would say it is fixed...knock on wood.

Up until I installed the latest Sync update last month or so, my LED colors would reset nearly once a week. So far as I can remember/tell, the update docs did not suggest there would be any changes/fixes to LED problems but in my case, i haven't had to change colors SINCE that update so I would say it is fixed...knock on wood.

What is the latest version number? Last one seems to be from 2013.

Has anybody found a non dealer fix for this problem? I went to my dealer today to try to get it fixed (with TSB in hand), but was turned away unless they could reproduce it and record what was happening.

Hi cobraman069,

Currently, this has to be corrected by your dealer. Like Peter said, shoot me a PM with your VIN, contact information, mileage, and dealership; I'll escalates this for you.

What is the latest version number? Last one seems to be from 2013.

Hey skripo,

The latest software for your system is version 3.6.2. Let me know if you need help checking which version you have installed. :)

Rebecca

Ambient Lighting returns to default color, solution

I had random changes to default color on my vehicle. I found solution through the techs at Lincoln who monitored the dealer closely. The kept my Lincoln MKT for weeks. Prior to keeping it, they had changed the 2 computers that hold or change the ambient lighting colors. They were monitoring the connections when they drove my car daily. They thought it might be connections that were bad, perhaps with a rough bump. They found no problem. Finally, Lincoln had them put a load on the battery...Bingo. It was a defective battery that changed the current somehow, which reset the color. On mine, the default was white. Fortunately, everything including loaner car covered by warranty. I hope this helps with ideas for your explorers.

I had random changes to default color on my vehicle. I found solution through the techs at Lincoln who monitored the dealer closely. The kept my Lincoln MKT for weeks. Prior to keeping it, they had changed the 2 computers that hold or change the ambient lighting colors. They were monitoring the connections when they drove my car daily. They thought it might be connections that were bad, perhaps with a rough bump. They found no problem. Finally, Lincoln had them put a load on the battery...Bingo. It was a defective battery that changed the current somehow, which reset the color. On mine, the default was white. Fortunately, everything including loaner car covered by warranty. I hope this helps with ideas for your explorers.

did you already have the ambient lighting tsb completed and it still did it?

did you already have the ambient lighting tsb completed and it still did it?

The dealer did the TSB twice before. Yes it cycled but it was because of the defective battery, which made it so difficult to diagnose. It was so random.

The dealer did the TSB twice before. Yes it cycled but it was because of the defective battery, which made it so difficult to diagnose. It was so random.

Sounds like the APIM was rebooting itself then...was the sync maint. screen come up every so often? That would more than likely reset the ambient lighting....

Sounds like the APIM was rebooting itself then...was the sync maint. screen come up every so often? That would more than likely reset the ambient lighting....

No such screen showed on my MKT. There were no indications at all except the light was white. Going in to the Ambient lighting settings showed the color it had been set on, say a red ball for example, but quickly changing to the white ball. Those were the only noticeable symptoms.

No such screen showed on my MKT. There were no indications at all except the light was white. Going in to the Ambient lighting settings showed the color it had been set on, say a red ball for example, but quickly changing to the white ball. Those were the only noticeable symptoms.

Very interesting indeed.

Back