luis_lapray

Reaction score
City, State
Chihuahua
Year, Model & Trim Level
EDDIE BAUER 1993 2WD
hello,
I changed the SHOCKS ABSORBERS because the suv vibrate much,
but this isn't enough, today vibrate a little.
the Mechanic made the Alignment y Balancing.
THANKS.
IT'S EXPENSIVE THIS CHANGE IN THE COIL SPRINGS?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No need to change coil springs usually.

If it still vibrates with new shocks and an alignment, be sure the tires/wheels are balanced, and that the driveshaft is smooth and clean (not rusty and scaly), and that the U-joints on the driveshaft are not loose or falling apart.

thanks for you answer. I only wanted to change the coil spring but this is some expensive,
I'm going to check the driveshaft and the U-joints (but I don't know if it's front or back)
are you have some picture the U-joints?

thanks for you answer. I only wanted to change the coil spring but this is some expensive,
I'm going to check the driveshaft and the U-joints (but I don't know if it's front or back)
are you have some picture the U-joints?

If you drive on a lot of unimproved roads (dirt and stuff) then you're coil springs can get worn and sag over time. As for installing new coil springs the job is maybe an hour of labor to swap out both sides. The Rear leaf springs would be more expensive as and would take a 2-3hrs depending on how much rust you have.

Coil springs will have nothing to do with vibration. don't worry about them to fix that. Focus on the driveline...

the vibration is only when I drive for a bad road (hole, rocks), potholes in the pavement,
I drive perfect in freeway to 60 mph

I would check the ball joints.

My explorer just rides real hard, I think they are built this way...

Testing it on dirt/rock road isn't going to tell you what is wrong.

You say you have no vibration on the freeway at 60mph... how about 70? 80?

If it does not vibrate on the freeway at 80mph, I wouldn't worry about it.

thanks for your coments, this weekend I'm going to check the ball joint, and to check if there something loose ,
Here in mexico the ball joints is the rotula?.
check this link please.
https://kartmax.com/catalogNavigation.do?action=getProduct&cdProduct=SYDK8546

Yes Luis, the link you provided shows a ball joint. Your front axle is most likely a Dana35.. Some parts databases allude to a Dana28 as a possible axle, but I've never heard or seen one on an explorer..

Back