Why would Sync suddenly get glitchy? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why would Sync suddenly get glitchy?

Lucille

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer XLT '11
First off, I just want to say that my Explorer is (still) running 2.4. I haven't been able to download 2.11 yet.

My question is this though - why would sync be running fine for about 9,000 miles, then suddenly have issues when nothing else has changed?

The problem I'm having is when I try to use Sync Services Directions, Business Search, or Traffic. When it asks me for a city & state, it won't let me answer. The Sync lady immediately interrupts me before I can say anything. And I am not a slow talker - I'm from New Jersey ;).

This has always worked perfectly with 2.4 before. And the other Services work fine.

First off, I just want to say that my Explorer is (still) running 2.4. I haven't been able to download 2.11 yet.

My question is this though - why would sync be running fine for about 9,000 miles, then suddenly have issues when nothing else has changed?

The problem I'm having is when I try to use Sync Services Directions, Business Search, or Traffic. When it asks me for a city & state, it won't let me answer. The Sync lady immediately interrupts me before I can say anything. And I am not a slow talker - I'm from New Jersey ;).

This has always worked perfectly with 2.4 before. And the other Services work fine.

Memory leaks and corruption. Basically, the software is not properly managing the system memory and so memory gets "lost" or corrupted over time. Eventually enough of it gets lost or corrupted that functionality is impacted because memory runs low (or got corrupted).

Usually a fuse 29 pull works to fix these kinds of issues as it reboots the software and resets the memory.

without having any internal knowledge of the software, that's my best guess.

Hi, Lucille!

Have you tried rebooting your phone? If not, please try that first. If that doesn't work, try a Master Reset:

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

Let us know how it goes!

Rebecca

Back